2004.06.19 - THE HEIST 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Called Sting@May 17 2004, 12:38 AM
    I kinda don't think you have any idea what/how big the Heist is. This isn't just a normal Chicago show with some touring bands, this is a huge one day fest with bands coming from all over just to play one show. Half the crowd thats going to be there are coming from out of town. the heist last year was huge, and this year its going to be even bigger.

and saying stuff on this board like "be careful, dont f.uck around, etc" is falling on deaf ears. i garuntee you maybe 15-20 people who post on this board regularly are going to be at the heist.

this is nothing against you at all, i'm just trying to clue you in on some stuff that i don't think you fully understand about the show.
    dave~

yes i have an idea of how collossal(sp?) the Hiest really is. i was just thinking that maybe if some people on this board saw my message, that they would watch out for other people being stupid. maybe it's just me, but i enjoy having shows at the Sportsplex and i dont want them to end....

i dont want to get in this huge debate...so i'll just let it happen.

also, i dont want to sound like i am going to be the almighty security guard -
    because i'm not. but i have a question - why isnt it still at Arlington Hiest?

Comment

Originally posted by emily@May 6 2004, 07:26 PM
      Due to the hall bumping me off the date for a wedding reception, The Heist has been moved.
      There you go.

Comment

haha shane is totally lurking on this thread
        Originally posted by Brody Strellin
        its time to give my Life to the Lord for his safe handlingment

http://hissnlissn.com

Comment

Congratulations to the participants of this post.

Due to the fact that I think there are more than one of you who are going to cause people to worry for no good reason, I have been forced to register on this board.
          So let me delve into this for a bit.

1. Everyone who thinks this show is not going to happen at the Sportsplex is wrong. This show is going to happen, on June 19 2004, and it will be at the Sportsplex. As stated in my post originally put here by Emily, if you don't like that, then picture me, on my knees, with hands folded, begging you. STAY HOME. This is supposed to be a positive experience and there is no need for naysayers.
          2. Slim: If you are an employee of the Sportsplex I am more than excited about you helping out and making sure nothing goes wrong. Email me and we can discuss this more.
          3. Clint and I set this up and it is indeed happening. Clint had the show there a few weeks back with The Killer and there were no problems at all. Therefore, the Sportsplex staff trusted him to rent out the building for June 19. Clint and I know what we are doing. We are both much older than any of you. Please calm down. I have been doing shows for almost 10 years now, since 1996. I know what I am doing and I will take all necessary precuations and steps to ensure that not only the show goes on without a hitch, but also that there are no problems or damages to the building. I'm not saying this to sound cocky, I just get a little miffed when I feel like people aren't even giving me the respect they would give a pile of dog crap on the street. There will be paid, reputable, responsible security persons there such as Remis and others who have been working for MP for years that know how to handle large shows. SO EVERYONE....PLEASE STOP WORRYING.
          4. Dave-Stop making it seem like the Sportsplex is going to blow up on June 19. All the bands are extremely respectful, including Merauder. Everyone is looking forward to this show and doing something for a good cause. The last thing we need is false rumors flying that "the Arlington Heights thugs" or whatever are going to ruin the venue. There is no such thing as different scenes anymore in my opinion. If you recall, The Killer just played the Sportsplex. All these people that you all are worried about were at the show. Nothing Happened. Relax. And I have to be honest, I wonder if you would be talking in a negative fashion about this if Not Enough Gold was on the bill. Zing.
          5. Tickets are being sold in advance and are going fast. I am not going to over sell the room. Once they are gone, they are gone. My gut tells me we will sell out in advance which will make it even smoother. No one else is going to be let in once the tickets are sold that will fill the room. We are not talking about trying to put Ozzfest in a small room here guys.
          6. Obviously Knights was where the show originally was going to take place. I got bumped off the date due to a wedding. There's not much I can do. And I can't change the date, there are too many touring bands who have routed their tours around this show. I would be seriously screwing them to do that.

So, to recap, this is not a tragedy. I am excited to have this show at the plex and I am excited to raise money for PROTECT, this year's benefit www.protect.org.

It's funny how on this board everyone is so pessimistic and everyone else I have talked to is completely excited about it. I have played at and been to many shows at the Sportsplex and I know enough about the venue to make sure this show goes smoothly. So please rest easy, Dupage Kids. I will not ruin your venue. And I would appreciate you all ceasing from spreading a negative image of this show, if nothing else just for the simple fact that we are raising money to help abused children. That is an issue that we should all fight for.

Turn those frowns upside down. Big Bad Shane has no intentions of destroying your Dupage hardcore Utopian Fantasy. On June 19, 2004, I am honorary DuPage and you kids need to deal with that ;)

Love, Shane Merrill

Comment

shut thy mouth

Comment

Originally posted by shane@May 17 2004, 03:59 PM
              4. Dave-Stop making it seem like the Sportsplex is going to blow up on June 19. All the bands are extremely respectful, including Merauder. Everyone is looking forward to this show and doing something for a good cause. The last thing we need is false rumors flying that "the Arlington Heights thugs" or whatever are going to ruin the venue. There is no such thing as different scenes anymore in my opinion. If you recall, The Killer just played the Sportsplex. All these people that you all are worried about were at the show. Nothing Happened. Relax. And I have to be honest, I wonder if you would be talking in a negative fashion about this if Not Enough Gold was on the bill. Zing.
              i never said anything negative. all i was doing was trying to tell Slim how big this show is every year, because I wasn't sure he really understood since i dont think hes ever been to one.

and that Merauder likes drugs sometimes.
              :starwars:

O RLY?

Comment

awesome

Comment

i am glad you find it funny

and i am also glad that you remind me as unified as i thought chicago and dupage were lately......

there are always spoonfed parents boys like yourself to remind me of the difference. i appreciate it.

Comment

now this is some LBE drama!

oh |ish|, son!
                    < Total psycho

Comment

"spoonfed parents boys" made my quote of the day.

thanks shane.
                      http://www.freewebs.com/shaunpain

Comment

dear shane,

you know me kind of. i seriously think it was hilarious, but in an excellent way. i&#39;m not spoonfed, nor am i making fun of you. don&#39;t hurt me. please.

sincerely,
                        james ******

Comment

After reading this thread I get the impression that the people who attend the Heist, or the shows of any of the bands on the bill, are total thug/jerk/toughguy/etc. people that dance and break stuff. Way to sound like stereotypical |a-hole plural|, guys.

The difference between shows like this, and shows that I don&#39;t like to go to, is that the people that go to shows like the Heist are respectful of the people around them and the venue that the show is taking place at. They are thankful that the show is happening and that so many great bands are in one place at one time. No one with any ounce of respect for where they are and who they are with would want to jeopardize that.

&#036;.02
                          sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by ******@May 17 2004, 07:29 PM
                            dear shane,

you know me kind of. i seriously think it was hilarious, but in an excellent way. i&#39;m not spoonfed, nor am i making fun of you. don&#39;t hurt me. please.

sincerely,
                            james ******
                            i&#39;m serious, please don&#39;t hurt me, i&#39;m frail :unsure:

Comment

Emily is on the right track.

Perhaps she said it more clearly and less wordy than I did, but the fact is people read you bitching on here that may not know too much about the Heist, assume things.

If you don&#39;t have anything nice to say, don&#39;t say anything at all. I am tired of people assuming things that are not true.

I care about hardcore and helping people more than any of you dudes that were saying negative things about the show. I am not conceited or full of myself but it is the truth. I have feelings and I get hurt and frustrated when people assume that I do not care. So, needless to say, it is this fact that causes me to be a little defensive when people assume there is going to be problems at the show.

I care. I have been doing shows for years. All I ask is that if you are going to assume things all the time, how about start assuming that maybe I am going to take the necessary precautions to make the show go smoothly?

Thanks and I am done rambling.

******, sorry pal. I squashed |ish| with Caution. Which makes you public enemy number one. The odds are as follows. If I see you when I am in a good mood you&#39;re all good.....if not, you&#39;re not. That is my immature yet accurate account of my position on you and your health and what obstacles to your health I may present. If I were to hurt you, it would be totally uncool, immature, and shameful. But I wouldn&#39;t put it past myself if I was in a bad mood and I had recently read another one of your immature and unnecessarily condescending rants. Just be careful, my son.

Comment

good thing i never go to hardcore shows anymore, ever
                                although, in light of this, i will commence a freddy madball-esque prison-jacked workout program, just in case.

MUSKLES

Comment

Working...
                                X