Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

07/23/2010 Angel Eyes record release show w/ Beneath Oblivion, Destroy The Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one time I played Ronny's I had a great time. That was before the stage and everything, so I'm assuming it was shittier then...

Comment

there's a stage now?
      ...on weed

Comment

Yes. And the inside is all painted black and looks less dumpy than it did. The last couple shows I've seen there sounded good, though.

Comment

Originally posted by dudewtf View Post
          Yes. And the inside is all painted black and looks less dumpy than it did. The last couple shows I've seen there sounded good, though.
          And this is coming from a sound guy....

Comment

Comment

yeah, when i played there recently with ken mode and wolvhammer, it was 100 times better than the last time i had been there before the stage and paintjob. they also got rid of that stupid big tiki bar that housed the sound board and just opened up the entire room more. it's not the greatest venue, but it's close, cheap, and easy - just the way i like it. i would also not feel bad about bringing my own beer into there. also, eddie is a good dude.

Comment

what tom said, except for the "playing there recently" part.

Comment

Ronny's was kind of whack in a good way when it was a shitty garage, then it got a little more legit and lame, but then Eddie spearheaded the paint job and stage renovation and it got better. The venue and sound guys are cool, the bar is still whack as ever
                  and some other things

Comment

I agree that Eddy is a swell dude.
                    I collect spores, mold, and fungus.

Comment

i love eddy
                      "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

Comment

Him be the best part about Ronny's. He's even better than the alley
                        and some other things

Comment

thanks for the kind words guys, seriously. my harsh opinion on the subject is that we basically live in a city that is show heaven. every band comes through here, we have a a lot of venues, and some good dudes willing to run shows. when someone bitches about anything show/venue wise they should move to cleveland or knoxville tn where there is basically one venue and bands aren't so quick to hit up those cities. i know people who come down on a semi regular basis from places like indianapolis, or milwaukee to see shows here. the last thing they do is bitch about anything cause compared to their city chicago is awesome. a lot of people realize this, and thats why their a lot of ego here, but thats a whole other story.

i once played a venue where rats ran across my feet while i was playing. and id play that place again, cause the show and crowd was great. that's all that maters to me.

Comment

hell yeah brother
                            < Total psycho

Comment

Eddie you gotta play with this band in Dekalb called Richardson Richardson. Drum machine, 2 basses and all their songs are about sports and pro wrestling
                              and some other things

Comment

That band and I sound like we're star crossed lovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X