2004.06.19 - THE HEIST 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim,

I am much more capable of putting on a show then some shlub who did a 2 Sweet show. I am not some punk kid who has never done this before. Now chill the f out. And just so everyone knows spread the word that anyone that hurts this show in anyway, be it talking negatively, screwing around at the venue, ANYTHING, will be dealt with and that is a promise. I now return to Pink Floyd's 1977 classic, Animals.

Thanks and good night.
    Shane

Comment

Originally posted by abbas@Jun 13 2004, 02:25 AM
      hey emily - if it's cool i was planning on showing up to this thing and giving you the saturn. i'm not paying to get in though cause i'm not staying. i have this other box of random |ish| to give away, like guitar cords, a strap and some video game magazines if that's ok.
      That sounds hot! I'll PM you my cell #, and you can give me a call so that we can meet up outside or something.

Thanks!!!!1
      sweet.

Comment

does anyone know the order of bands?

Comment

starting point is playing first at 11AM. thats all i know. there will probably be a slight majority of locals in the first half. just guessing, though.
          < Total psycho

Comment

I so lost my ticket this morning. Man, that was scary. It&#39;s a good thing it showed up, though, or I would have been extremely pissed.
            sweet.

Comment

"The rock show was awesome". I ended up paying &#036;25 and not minding because it was for the kids. That also makes all you |f*ck|ers wrong... pre-sales didn&#39;t sell the place out. Also, so far as I know (I left before Merauder... which wasn&#39;t my idea... but I had to get a ride) there were no huge fights or shutting down of the Sportsplex... so a lot of you were wrong twice.

It wasn&#39;t necessarily my type of thing- I wasn&#39;t into all the tough guy hardcore moshing, but no one got hurt (except for Crazy Dave... take care of yourself, bro.... I saw you posted on here earlier today, so it&#39;s good to hear you didn&#39;t die during Merauder), so that&#39;s alright; and several of the bands sounded painfully alike; but there were enough bands on the bill who absolutely destroyed, a good enough cause, and enough of a hardcore spirit and ethic to it to make it worth my while. It&#39;s incredible that Shane was able to get that many touring bands and set up and get a schedule together- so all thanks go out to him (he&#39;s probably almost sick of heairng that by now). But also Jay did pretty good behind the soundboard (and made sure the music in between bands was |f*cking| stellar.... At the Gates, Sepultura, Weezer, awesome...) and rocked everyone&#39;s faces off in the Killer.

Anyway, I don&#39;t mean to pander or blow smoke up anyone&#39;s asses but I&#39;m serious when I say this... I think my favorite bands that I saw were bands from the Chicago area. Haunted Life (yeah, they&#39;re from Indiana.. but whatever, they&#39;re here all the time) were my favorite band from early in the day; Undo Tomorrow had amazingly great energy considering they drove like 7 hours and got no sleep whatsoever; Sidewalk were a lot of fun (although I unfortunately missed the first part of their set); Plan of Attack lived up to my expectations of being a great back-to-basics hardcore band; Dead to Fall represented for metal (this was the first time I&#39;ve seen them live so I don&#39;t have a frame of reference to compare them to the old lineup- but I thought they were good); and the Killer brought the mosh so hard I thought someone would die.

My favorite touring bands had to be Punch in the Face for their non-stop, very fast, no bullshit rock; Figure Four for reminding us that cool things do come from Canda; and Love is Red for bringing an awesome amount of passion and sincerity to the stage (which pretty much every |f*cking| band up there brought, but I thought it came across best with them- they reminded me of Bane in that sense- although much less so... because Bane is almost unbeatable live).

My long, wordy thoughts. Good show.

~Steve

Edit: one of the funnier moments: Jay, after seeing some sports team stretching on the upper level: "At first I thought that was people stretching and warming up for the mosh."
              My signature know only consists of quotes from LBE members because I suck at life:

"Indie rock hair and fashion sense are the result of a million terrible ideas gangbanging, without protection, in the minds of easily-influenced nar nars." - Jose

"Masturbation is more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle." - Jimbo

"Pat ******* is a social construct"- Todd Knife

Comment

I thought the show was amazing. I left right after The Killer because I got nailed in the testicles extremely hard and ended up throwing up my stuffed pepper soup all over the front lawn of the sportsplex. But I thought the show was super good. Thanks Shane for setting it up. All the bands were amazing. I especially liked the chicago bands.

The only gripe I have about the show were the kids from Philladelphia. They were being really disrespectful and |a-hole|. (As I was walking out to go puke) I heard one of them laugh about how hard they hit some girl in the face... not cool. Next year there needs to be someone (Bigger than my 130 pound skinny ass) to tell these kids to calm down a bit.

Other than that I thought it was amazing. All the Chicago kids that missed that show... You guys missed some amazing |ish|.
                http://thesamurai.spymac.net/images/dancingbear.gifhttp://jeantranquille.sensiswebworks...s/pic02843.gif
                We can dance if we want to.

Comment

yeah it was awesome and went off without a hitch. The Killer and Desperate Measures were my faves, along with Figure Four and Merauder. The new POA LP is awesome. Good times

Steve: Punch in the Face is from Chicago
                  :starwars:

O RLY?

Comment

I am from Evansville, IN and made the 5 hour trek. It was worth it I thought. Great Show shane. If anyone wants to IM me...XxurbanaaronxX

Blacklisted, Punishment, Donnybrook and some others that played are playing evansville very soon....so hit me up...also...theres a girl i am looking for that I have seen at a nashville show that was there last night i I just wanted to talk to her...haha that sounds gay. She danced...thats all i know. and i think she is asian? anyway..yeah.

Comment

• Haunted Life are easily one of my favorite Chicago-area bands. They are so good.
                      sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLiM+May 15 2004, 05:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SLiM @ May 15 2004, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SweetPeteTomorrow@May 15 2004, 03:30 AM
                        whether there are shows there or not, its happening. i guess shane worked it out with the sportsplex dudesss.
                        yea. i talked to my manager to PLEASE let them play. i will be there and supervisiing....just to make sure no |ish| goes down. so everyone who reads this,
                        please be on your best behavior. basically, dont just damage anything.

thanks
                        SLiM + sportsplex staff [/b][/quote]
                        so uh, i didnt see you at the show slim?

Comment

• haha, me either.

other things i DIDNT see:
                          the sportsplex staff being mad at us (in fact, they said it worked out wonderfully)
                          graffitti ANYWHERE
                          people drinking/doing illegal stuff outside
                          huge fights breaking out

this was a complete success. thanks to all who came out and made this the best heist yet.

thanks to all those who made a difference by helping out.
                          < Total psycho

Comment

• unfortunately i had to work for a sizeable chunk of the day, but to reiterate what i said before, when a hardcore kid in his or her 20&#39;s is at a show, they probably won&#39;t |f*ck| anything up.

it&#39;s those little high school punk |f*ck|ers you have to look out for. they do stuff like, i don&#39;t know... off the top of my head, kick holes in the wall of every venue i book at. just off the top of my head.
                            hey, you want to buy my chili? - luke v.

Comment

• No |ish|.
                              sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by UrbanAaron@Jun 21 2004, 12:59 AM
                                Blacklisted, Punishment, Donnybrook and some others that played are playing evansville very soon....so hit me up...also...theres a girl i am looking for that I have seen at a nashville show that was there last night i I just wanted to talk to her...haha that sounds gay. She danced...thats all i know. and i think she is asian? anyway..yeah.
                                I&#39;ve read this four times and I still have no idea what you&#39;re talking about. That makes you sound stupid, not gay.
                                Little White Earbuds: Hook up your ears

Comment

Working...
                                X