No announcement yet.

2004.05.01 - Sportsplex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks to the whopping 30 kids or so that came to the show. here's the link to some bands that played if anyone liked them.
    when all the world sleeps
    montecore
    when all the world sleeps

Comment

stop bragging, Self-plug McEvan!
      "We must see our rituals for what they are: completely arbitrary things; tired of games and irony, it is good to be dirty and bearded, to have long hair, to look like a girl when one is a boy (and vice versa); one must put "in play", show up, transform, and reverse the systems which quietly order us about."

-M. Foucault

Comment

I think there were more than 30 kids for all bands except piglet.

We had something like 10 people stay for us.

Thank you for those who did.

----------------------------------
        www.ccmlabel.com/piglet

Comment

so, what happened to the 500 other bands that were supposed to play this before NEG got added.

Comment

this show would have been more awesome if some one bought my koRn jacket.
            pwn3d: When one nerd claims superiority over another.

Comment

SUGGESTION FOR SLIM:

Slim,

I love you and i love that you're booking shows and such. And the sportsplex is an awesome place for shows. So, my suggestion is to NOT book s.hitty/shady bands that will bring shady/s.hitty kids to shows i.e. BLNT or 80 proofs or whoever the "cool" bands are from HSH or DGS. Other than that what you are doing is great and thank you very much for putting NEG on this show. We had to leave right after we played so I hope the rest of the show ran smoothly

Love,
              Dave

edit: spelling
              :starwars:

O RLY?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Called Sting@May 2 2004, 12:53 AM
                HSH
                High School High???

What a sweet movie!

Comment

too bad this show got promoted so much at my school. half the crowd was from LT and completely |ishy| (i.e. standing outside and refusing to pay, then trying to sneak in through the other door)
                  love, katie

Comment

haha, i didn't know about that.

piglet was freaking sweet. it was a pleasant suprise.
                    "We must see our rituals for what they are: completely arbitrary things; tired of games and irony, it is good to be dirty and bearded, to have long hair, to look like a girl when one is a boy (and vice versa); one must put "in play", show up, transform, and reverse the systems which quietly order us about."

-M. Foucault

Comment

Originally posted by xSLiMx+May 1 2004, 02:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xSLiMx @ May 1 2004, 02:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sassafrass@May 1 2004, 02:23 PM
                      If we really are opening and headlining everyone should be prepared for a riot.&nbsp; Downers Grove kids don&#39;t like it when they get hit by stuff.&nbsp; I know from experience dude, and I am a Downers Grove kid.
                      DUE TO EVENTS THAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT WHEN BETTER LUCK NEXTIME PLAYED, THERE CAN BE NO DAMAGE OF ANY SORT DONE TO THE SPORTSPLEX.

long story short, sopmeone decided to put thier size 13&#39;s through a drywall. (sounds like brunswick). and well, if we dont impress sportsplex staff tonight, this may be the last sportsplex show in a long time.

dont ruin it. even though BLN kids already did. [/b][/quote]
                      That sucks. Did you get in trouble for any of it, or have to pay?

You should put camaras up so not as much foul play goes on. Either that or don&#39;t let dumb kids in. i.e. kids with chains, mohawks, leather jackets with pins from hot topic.

Comment

Dear Dave,
                        for a while now, i have tended (is that a word?) to sway away from
                        "s.hitty/shady bands that will bring shady/s.hitty kids to shows i.e.
                        BLNT or 80 proof" but due to the fact that BLN (Better Luck Nextime)
                        had booked thier own show Friday night (in the tiny loft room) they
                        didnt take the consideration to watch everything that was going on.
                        the rest of the show ran smoothly, and after talking to a few people
                        at the sportsplex - there is an extremely good chance that the show
                        on Saturday was the the last show there - ever. which totally
                        s.ucks because if that is true, they ruined it for everyone. sorry i missed
                        Not Enough Gold - i had a wedding to stand in. this show went very smoothly
                        and there were no problems. have a nice day and hopefully the &#39;plex
                        will not rest in peace.

love,
                        slim

Comment

didnt one of those guys from 80 proof screw everyone over on the richport y, too?
                          love, katie

Comment

Originally posted by xSLiMx@May 3 2004, 12:04 PM
                            and after talking to a few people
                            s.ucks because if that is true, they ruined it for everyone.
                            So if I don&#39;t get to see Mental/Desperate Measures in July, who should I blame now?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Dave+May 4 2004, 01:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazy Dave @ May 4 2004, 01:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xSLiMx@May 3 2004, 12:04 PM
                              and after talking to a few people
                              s.ucks because if that is true, they ruined it for everyone.
                              So if I don&#39;t get to see Mental/Desperate Measures in July, who should I blame now? [/b][/quote]
                              Better Luck Nextime.

Comment

Working...
                              X