12.20.03 Sportsplex- Merry Xxx-mas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toddd@Nov 29 2003, 08:32 PM
    i don't know how i'm going to work it.  i don't want to be a jerk and be like "the toy has to be at least 3 dollars for you to get 3 dollars off" but if people show up with |ishy| toys i'll be really bummed.  maybe i will say that the toy has to be halfway decent. 

but theoretically, yes.  if you bring a hot wheels and a can of soup it's 3 dollars. 
    i didnt mean to stir up any ruckus, but it's a valid point. it was kind of what i was trying to prove...i think.
    people shouldnt show up with a Hot Wheels car (even though when i was a kid, i loved those little cars) and a can of soup. i would hope that nobody would do that, even though it would help.

yea, but great job toddd. more people like you should set up shows like this...

Comment

Man, no more frontside... Damn
      http://thesamurai.spymac.net/images/dancingbear.gifhttp://jeantranquille.sensiswebworks...s/pic02843.gif
      We can dance if we want to.

Comment

Originally posted by toddd@Nov 29 2003, 08:32 PM
        oh yeah... i should have said: NO GUNS OR WEAPONS. HSP doesn't take violent toys. sorry.
        So they don't accept cool toys?

Comment

yeah. not to dish on hot wheels, believe me. and we do, in fact, give out LOTS of hot wheels.
          hey, you want to buy my chili? - luke v.

Comment

Originally posted by mactheknife+Nov 29 2003, 11:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mactheknife @ Nov 29 2003, 11:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toddd@Nov 29 2003, 08:32 PM
            but theoretically, yes.&nbsp; if you bring a hot wheels and a can of soup it&#39;s 3 dollars.&nbsp;
            though i totally see where you&#39;re coming from, it&#39;s worth mentioning that hot wheels totally kick ass and i know when i was a kid i could amuse myself with one hot wheel for about 10 hours straight... [/b][/quote]
            Especially the shark car.

Comment

"Try craigslist. It's free and you might get an STD!"
              - michael

Comment

holy |ish| dude.

where did you get that flier?

btw- i really liked usv and the usv 7" i picked up at that show.
                ...on weed

Comment

that show was the beginning of the frontside/dupage love affair.
                  i have pretty much every frontside flier for every show i played in. ill try to dig up the cool ones ( like the times we headlined over rise against, since by man, haha).
                  what i lack in height i make up for in length

Comment

oh yeah...and united supervillians opened for vanilla ice the night before that show&#33;&#33; :lol:
                    ...on weed

Comment

My manager at Gamestop bought Strenght In Numbers shirts from Bernie when he still worked at the Wheaton store ... and today he wore one of the shirts when he went out to a sports bar to get trashed and watch football.
                      sweet.

Comment

Nice post Jimbo....NICE...I need to dig up my Proceed With Caution /Alkaline Trio flyer... I think John Caution had to eat dinner that night so we used a drummer from the crowd.
                        :jagoff:werty.net or werty.biz

Comment

yes werty you sure did. i remember that show. brilliant. there were about 20 people at that show to see the alk3.

Comment

i hope youre all trying to trick me, and when i show up at this show, this is automation will be playing instead of frontside.

or in addition to, i really dont care.

i am still sad that this is automation is no longer a band. i was a super fan.
                            i'm a victim of the nasty spreads

Comment

you were the only one, lindsey.
                              YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THE DANGER!
                              WORKER/PARASITE

Comment

Originally posted by brendan@Dec 1 2003, 04:04 PM
                                holy |ish| dude.

where did you get that flier?

btw- i really liked usv and the usv 7" i picked up at that show.
                                That flyer is haning on my bedroom door as it has been since 1998 (When I moved I actually took it off of my old bedroom door and put it up on my new bedroom door).
                                Even better is the fact that I had to take a picture of it to post it because my scanner isn&#39;t working.
                                "Try craigslist. It's free and you might get an STD!"
                                - michael

Comment

Working...
                                X