2006.05.26 - Logan Square Auditorium - Sunn0))), Boris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris. More like BorING!

Sunn didn't play anything really, which was a bummer, but at least they sounded incredible doing it. I wish they would have played something, though.
    and some other things

Comment

john is a total p.ussy. i feel great today. then again, i am short and probably didnt receive as much in-your-face soundwaves that everyone else did

Comment

boris was awesome.
        sunn was so f'ing loud and i couldn't breathe because i was too close. so i left. i could still hear them 2 blocks away.

Comment

Originally posted by deathtopretzels
          john is a total p.ussy. i feel great today. then again, i am short and probably didnt receive as much in-your-face soundwaves that everyone else did

You were sitting down on the floor for last 45mins of the set!!

Comment

my feet hurt!

Comment

I had breakfast with family friends at 8:30 and could barely move. BIG DAY
              Little White Earbuds: Hook up your ears

Comment

i'm glad kevin drumm's set was less than 30 minutes long. otherwise, i would have vomited.

boris was great. the guy next to me kept asking wata (the girl in boris, yet the least beautiful of the three) to "PISS ON MY CHEST." the guy in front of me got way stoned and kept dry humping his riverpig of a girlfriend. boris playing a set comprised of songs that were released in chronological order (to an extent) was a cool move. that orange stack was way too low in the mix in my opinion, but granted, i was right by the subs, so i'm sure it sounded better farther back. the highlight was hearing the two slower, sludge songs that they played following the five 70s jams (one from "soundtrack" and the other from "dronevil"). so awesome that i dropped $23 on a cd, which is a big capital investment in my situation.

sunn sounded excellent. however, being able to afford $15,000 worth of amplifiers--if not more--does not mean that sunn are awesome or even necessarily talented. in my opinion, they could have just turned on their equipment and the spectacle would be pretty righteous.
                "One time, Brian brought a parade of juggalos to the Sportsplex like the Pied Piper" -Cosmos
                "Smallen up that ballsack you web-cocked fuck" -Cary

Comment

Sunn was way boring. I don't get the hype- I kept hopeing for some sort of action, but instead they just kept raising their goddamn snarley fingers in the air and playing fake music. Boris was cool though and so were all the drugs.
                  snooooooze.

Comment

this show sounds like it was terrible.

Comment

Seconding Hoffa, with a further motion that everybody put on some regular shoes and then listen to The Who
                      Beware the mighty Septopus
                      What a dandy guy
                      He lives on top of the submarine
                      And he's always eating pies
                      He's always eating pies up there
                      And throwing festivals
                      He's the grandest guy in town
                      With seven testicles

Comment

Curiously enough, I am listening to the Who right now, but am also shoeless.
                        Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Comment

sunn made me want to LARP

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Cosmos
                            Seconding Hoffa, with a further motion that everybody put on some regular shoes and then listen to The Who
                            Yeah, this coming from the guy who introduced me to Boris' "Heavy Rocks," the "best **** on planet earth" a couple years ago.

What happened to you, *******? You used to be cool?
                            "One time, Brian brought a parade of juggalos to the Sportsplex like the Pied Piper" -Cosmos

Comment

I am not discrediting Boris, just saying that this show sounds like it could have been better!

Also: regular shoes!
                              Beware the mighty Septopus
                              What a dandy guy
                              He lives on top of the submarine
                              And he's always eating pies
                              He's always eating pies up there
                              And throwing festivals
                              He's the grandest guy in town
                              With seven testicles

Comment

You mean if either Goatsnake or Burning Witch had been headlining instead. Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X