No announcement yet.

2004.04.26 - Congress Theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like poison the well much, but they were fun to watch at this show.
    Thursday has a pretty light show.
    "Live every week like it's Shark Week"

Comment

Originally posted by CraigZ@Apr 26 2004, 11:17 PM
      1. the show was horrible tonight

2. justin wexler is just bitter he puts out bands called "kitchens and bathrooms" and not spitalfield

3. the reason justin rips on bands like spitalfield is because he is bitter

4. justin needs to be less bitter and sell M & M's as a fund raiser, everyone likes M & M's.

5. my solution satisfies everyone!

6. this was from your favorite soon to be MBA!
      1. I bet it was.

2. I certainly am bitter. But I still think Kitchens + Bathrooms, despite the fact that they broke up a month and a half before the record came out, and their stupid name, are an excellent band and I am happy to have been a part of that record, no matter how financially stupid it was.

3. Also correct. Honestly, I think Spitalfield is probably one of the best bands that plays music for 13 year old girls. They do it very well, and their songs are actually pretty catchy. I kid because I love. Ok, I don't really love. I hate that kind of music, and I'm taking my frustrations out on people I don't even know, just because they are semi-successful. If that makes any sense.

4. I've been a vegan for over a year now(and a vegetarian for over 8, so F you if you try to slam me for becoming a vegan recently), so I guess it'd be pretty hypocritical to sell M + M's.

5. What as your solution again?

6. Don't worry Craig, when I'm done with law school, I'd be glad to represent you when you're accused of corrupt business practices. Hell, I'll even help Spitalfield renegotiate their 15 record deal with Victory.

Comment

i believe i might be aspiring to attend northwesterns JD program... i might take a year off though.

we can battle via courts instead of bicker on the internet!

i call i get to defend mike johnson! although he might have peter frances geraci at this time...

Comment

denali is music for thirteen year old girls, too :\
          Originally posted by Brody Strellin
          its time to give my Life to the Lord for his safe handlingment

http://hissnlissn.com

Comment

Johnson is all yours. I don't think I could ever defend someone I know is truly guilty on all charges.

But yeah, you might have to get in line behind PFG.

Denali broke up so they can't be used as a counterpoint. You should have said that last week. Too late.

Comment

well aware and glad they broke up
              just would hate to see an opportunity to trash them go to waste
              that band sucked

Comment

I don't usually go out of my way to slam bands I don't like. Any and all negative comments towards Spitalfield were meant to support my claim that Engine Down is better. I bet if you asked the guys in the band, they would agree.

I think we need to all chalk up our musical opinions to personal taste. Let's agree that no bands are "bad" or "good." They're just "preferred." I just prefer not to listen to the new favorite band of fans of The Promise Ring, Jimmy Eat World, and The Foo Fighters.

Comment

One more thing. I think the new rule should be that you're only allowed to defend bands you like if you've put out one of their records. Therefore, Craig and Tony Victory and Aaron **** are the only ones allowed to fight back in defense of Spitalfield. Also, you should only be able to criticize other bands in defense of said band if the person slamming the band in the first place put their records out. Therefore, if I trash talk Spitalfield, Craig, Tony, and Aaron can trash talk Kitchens + Bathrooms.

Now, in a case where two people have put out records by the same band, such as Hewhocorrupts, that band can not be used in any sort of arguments. They just have to be agreed upon as neutral territory.

Comment

engine down aren't very good, either

Comment

engine down is better than denali.
                      sleepytime trio is better than engine down.
                      we speak in tongues to taste something, like a new way to feel again!

Comment

justin, I didn't trash K & B, just i know it was probably hard times for two reasons

1. they broke up

2. their name

i agree with your rules!

Johnson paid for the WLUW record fair, which was a benefit for WLUW with a bad check!

hahahahaha

Comment

Yeah, I know, Durkin told me about that. He ran into him at Reckless and was bragging about it. I love how he says he donates half the money from the records to charity, but none of his records have even come close to breaking even, so he hasn't donated a cent. What a wanker.

Also, you can slam K + B if you want, it is well within the set rules. But, I'll have to bring up *tomsawyer if you do.

Comment

if you do tomsawyer will try and fight you...

they are scrappers.

Comment

pssshh, K + B are practically a street gang in Hamilton, ONT. They've got my back.

Comment

i was about to reply to this, but then a pop up came up... craig, you can appreciate this: "date a wife" my god, i love pop-ads.

i applied to Benedictine University today!
                                aaron

grad school and more debt, here i come!
                                my brother and i bought our mom a Metallica "Metal Up Your Ass Shirt" for her birthday (or easter) when we were like 12. she literally started crying at what her sons had become, then she proceeded to cut the shirt up right in front of us. it was brilliant and sad.

thank you abbas and pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X