No announcement yet.

2008.12.31 (New Years Eve) - Hum, The Life and Times @ Double Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navy Pier is not awesome ever. Fountains of Wayne is quite awesome, however. Haters.

Comment

<3 Fountains of Wayne <3

Wendell and I feel you, Wexler. (Physically)
      Beware the mighty Septopus
      What a dandy guy
      He lives on top of the submarine
      And he's always eating pies
      He's always eating pies up there
      And throwing festivals
      He's the grandest guy in town
      With seven testicles

Comment

I draw the line at The Rentals, sorry guys.

Wait, Wolfie too.

Damn.
        "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

Comment

Originally posted by justinwexler View Post
          I made the mistake of going to see Fountains of Wayne at fucking Navy Pier a few years ago.
          Originally posted by Patrick Cosmos View Post
          <3 Fountains of Wayne <3

Wendell and I feel you, Wexler. (Physically)
          Haha, I totally watched this on TV that year instead of leaving the house. New years is for the amateur drunks, I'm totally going to bed at 8:30 PM this year.

Comment

one time i was at jimmy/danielle/james noble square NYE party and i got so high i couldn't say more than three words without coughing

thems was the dayz
            "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

Comment

Going out to a bar on New Year's Eve is an Amateur move. It's like every n00b in a 2-mile radius crowds into your bar, and even if you are Working and you win the Puke Pool, the money is never worth the shame and ignominy one suffers just from being associated with so much utter stupidity and banal debauchery.

On New Year's Eve the whole world becomes one big, dumb, ugly frat party. Typically, I try to avoid working it.
              Originally posted by xavii

Comment

last year, i was at the metro for new years. spoon was headlining. on top of paying way too much for MGD (naively, i thought they'd at least have an open bar for the steep ticket price)-- i was sick with a nasty cold, and spoon wasn't very good at all. at all.

i will be getting drunk @ home for '010 or whatever year it's changing into this year
                \_O- \_O- \_O- \_O- \_O- \_O-

Comment

Real men (three sport athletes included) drink with Greg.
                  Betcha wanna come home with me and check out my basement!

Comment

Originally posted by luc View Post
                    Real men (three sport athletes included) drink with Greg.
                    Whatever man, I'm pretty sure I would've been content playing Bomberman for about 6 hours last new years (see also: wine pong, ignoring girlfriends/wives for most of the evening).

EDIT: Perhaps I just didn't shotgun enough beers.
                    Last edited by wendell; 10-06-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wendell View Post
                      Whatever man, I'm pretty sure I would've been content playing Bomberman for about 6 hours last new years (see also: wine pong, ignoring girlfriends/wives for most of the evening).

EDIT: Perhaps I just didn't shotgun enough beers.
                      6-10 hours of playing a video game on New Year's Eve is the new getting drunk on New Year's Eve.

Comment

you guys are all old pussies

fucking party

////Running Downhill

Comment

Obviously none of you are superfanboys of Hum to the level that I am.

I am willing to put up with some serious bullshit to see Hum play again.
                          "Unfortunately, it appears that we were erroneous in this analysis as well," he added. "Even minor fender-benders seem to cause motorists wearing neckbelts to have their entire heads forcibly ripped from their torsos, landing in the front seat to the shocked screams of terrified onlookers."

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh View Post
                            you guys are all old pussies

fucking party
                            I'll party 363 days a year. New Years and St. Patricks day can both get fuq'ed

Comment

Hum is super awesome, I just believe that I have other plans. I would also be really sad if they weren't great. And Hum are not party music for anyone but me and your, Todd.
                              Betcha wanna come home with me and check out my basement!

Comment

russian circles and clutch in grand rapids could be hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X