• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008.12.31 (New Years Eve) - Hum, The Life and Times @ Double Door

Wednesday Dec. 31 • Doors 9pm Show 10pm • $65
    New Year's Eve!
    Hum
    The Life and Times

Price includes hosted bar (Draught Beer, Well Drinks, Wine, Water and Soda).

Buy Tickets

-----------------------------------

Just picked up my tickets for this on Saturday. There's only a $2 surcharge picking them up at the Double Door (cash only), compared to probably like a billion dollars from Ticketmaster.com.
    "Unfortunately, it appears that we were erroneous in this analysis as well," he added. "Even minor fender-benders seem to cause motorists wearing neckbelts to have their entire heads forcibly ripped from their torsos, landing in the front seat to the shocked screams of terrified onlookers."

i did not think Hum was a band
    "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

Comment

They are only a band once every year or two when someone promises to pay them a lot of money to be a band again for a night.
      "Unfortunately, it appears that we were erroneous in this analysis as well," he added. "Even minor fender-benders seem to cause motorists wearing neckbelts to have their entire heads forcibly ripped from their torsos, landing in the front seat to the shocked screams of terrified onlookers."

Comment

can Glifted play too
        "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

Comment

is the glifted stuff any good? i thought centaur was bleh.
          The idea of a guilty pleasure has always seemed really silly to me.
          -Andrew WK

Comment

Gross

Comment

Centaur blows.

Glifted is awesome, but also kind of horrible ... they are an acquired taste at best, since it's just, well, weird. The vocals are a huge turnoff, but Tim Lash knows how to rip out some swelling noise, so, uh, yeah.

////Running Downhill

Comment

yeah, glifted's crummy vox are coming into my ears from myspace right now. bleh.

it'd be fun to see hum, but i don't think i like them enough to pay way too much money to spend new years with them.
                The idea of a guilty pleasure has always seemed really silly to me.
                -Andrew WK

Comment

$65 with open bar is pretty standard for NYE parties at bars in Chicago, isn't it? Give or take 10 or 15 bucks.

Comment

From what I understand $65 is actually cheap for a Chicago NYE party, I feel like they are upwards of $100+ usually.

////Running Downhill

Comment

PS- We could always go see Green Velvet at smart bar!

////Running Downhill

Comment

I made the mistake of going to see Fountains of Wayne at fucking Navy Pier a few years ago. I think that was $50 and it didn't include an "open" bar so much as you got a few drink tickets. Worst experience of my life. I like the band, but it took nearly an hour to get from the entrance of Navy Pier to the back ballroom where they played because it was so fucking crowded. Not to mention that everyone there was old and creepy and lame. So many white people dancing badly. I think I'm going to go back to my 1998 version of New Year's Eve where I watched my friend play Tomb Raider on PSX all day and read Kingdom Come.

Comment

Two problems:

1-Navy Pier
                          2-Fountains of Wayne

////Running Downhill

Comment

holy shit, this may trump going to montana for new years. that is assuming hum didn't get old and lame...
                            www.ferrethandjobs.com

Comment

navy pier is awesome if you work there.
                              I collect spores, mold, and fungus.

Comment

Working...
                              X