Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005.05.14 - Hinswood Clubhouse - Double Crossed, Left Hand Path, Over&Over, + MORE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I don't know but this might help out. I set up a basement show for that same Saturday night, and seeing that this Darien show was cancelled I wouldn't mind taking one possibly two bands that would still want to play a show that night. I need to know ASAP though. I myself know how depressing it can be when you have a show all set up and then it gets cancelled last minute, so just drop me a line or send me an email at ed_likesparties@hotmail.com . It will be a first come first serve basis, so send them as soon as you can. Hopefully this cheers some people up. The info is listed on LBE as well under shows page. Really the only rule is bring people the more people you bring the later you will play. I cannot promise you much you will most likely play first even if you are the best band there, but I can promise you Kool Aid and pretzal sticks.
    Next time you tell me that we are going to be together forever. Be sure to mean exactly what you say. See I would have know if you told me that last November. That forever's only 11 months away.

Comment

CD- from what i heard (and this is totally like 3rd hand information), residents from the surrounding area were not pleased with the prospects of the show and did some googling for it. i guess they were even more displeased with some of the talk about the show they read and decided to hold a town meeting to decide whether or not to have it. they decided not to.

so in conclusion- watch what you say on the internet and **** those hinswood mother****s.

Comment

definitley 3rd hand. iwas going to let slim type this up, but he took too much time.

The man who set it up for us is a good friends father, a resident of Hinswood, and the head of Hinswood Clubhouse. he went out on a huge limb for us to let us have this show in the first place, and knew that he was violating a loose rule about the Hinswood clubhouse. that rule was that the HW.CH. was to be used for residents only and HW.CH. would profit from whatever went down there.

This show was for people outside of Hinswood and wouldn't have benefited the HW.CH. i'm sure that all of these bands would have played this show and donated some money to Hinswood, but we didn't get a chance to talk it over with them. there was a Board meeting for people on teh board only and they reviewed our case.

apparently, there was heavy recruiting for this show, and rightly so for our cause. I guess there were radio adds on the radio? (i'm looking at HWC advertising for NEg, which i'm not mad about at all). However, the limit on people in Hinswood is 150. With band members and groupies, there'd only be about room for 50 paying people that way. They decided that we should not have the show.

This all started because a resident of Hinswood just Googled "Hinswood" and this thread came up.

Although it is super super shitty that this show was canceled, and even worse that they didn't give us a chance to hear our side, this situation and show is over. if you vandalize Hinswood for making a decision that was best for thier property in thier eyes, you're a fukcin idiot.
        Twin Ion Engine|-o-|

Comment

Originally posted by xdaveyidx
          I guess there were radio adds on the radio? (i'm looking at HWC advertising for NEg, which i'm not mad about at all).

i have a feeling that is complete BS. i would've known if there were any kind of radio adds for this show

unless it was some stupid high school kid talking about it during his study hall radio show.

edit: firebombs?
          :starwars:

O RLY?

Comment

that's what i think it was too. no hard to HWCINC or NEG

no firebombs. no spraypaint. no paintballs. NO VANDALISM
            Twin Ion Engine|-o-|

Comment

For some reason, this gave me think of people going around the neighborhood at night, putting up Christmas decorations and lots of candy canes. Or failing that, those plastic Easter eggs hung by a string.

Comment

hey guys, lets vandalize hinswood.

Comment

decorating the town is advised!!
                  Twin Ion Engine|-o-|

Comment

Too bad Easter eggs and Christmas decorations are a bit out of season.

Comment

i support the trashing of this place in whatever manner you see fit.

Comment

psh, you would

Comment

i'm sure that all of these bands would have played this show and donated some money to Hinswood, but we didn't get a chance to talk it over with them.
                          -if we (anyone in a band, or the one who set it up, me) went there and told them the side of the story, they would have immediately cancelled the show, because the fact that ONLY Hinswood HOME owners are allowed to rent out and hold occasions there. no one (not to my knowledge) in a band owns a home in the Hinswood nieghborhood. with them knowing this, they wouldve cancelled the show because it wasnt directly for a Hinswood homeowner.

This all started because a resident of Hinswood just Googled "Hinswood" and this thread came up.
                          -There is currently an online database where Hinswood members can look up dates they would like to rent out the Clubhouse. a member randomly Googled "May 14, Hinswood Clubhouse" and actually, the Over&Over and ChicagoHardcore website came up as the first two sites. its not their fault, everyone was promoting hardcore for this show, i wanted it to happen, and i wanted it to happen big. i dont know about right now, but it was if you Googled that same thing, the first page or so was about this show posted on band sites, etc.

...and even worse that they didn't give us a chance to hear our side...
                          -once again, if we explained our situation, it would have gotten cancelled faster, it actually lasted longer this way, even though it ended up getting cancelled.

i'm sorry that it got cancelled, but i dont think everyone should be mad at Hinswood for cancelling it on us, we werent even supposed to be having shows there in the first place.

Comment

what i was trying to say when i wanted to talk it over with them was that it was for the enjoyment of people in Hinswood (i.e. cole) if they wanted to enjoy it, and that if we explained our situation about our love for this show and the music being played there, even if they did turn around and say no right away, i would have felt better about it because they could have heard our side instead of just looking at it through the one set of eyes they had to look through.
                            Twin Ion Engine|-o-|

Comment

where everyone else sees words, i am starting to see a whole lot of man-pms
                              love, katie

Comment

Oh?

Comment

Working...
                                X