No announcement yet.

2005.02.24 - The Rodeo (DeKalb) - Weekend Nachos, Circle Takes The Square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am dressed up as a virgin every day, Dean.
    Beware the mighty Septopus
    What a dandy guy
    He lives on top of the submarine
    And he's always eating pies
    He's always eating pies up there
    And throwing festivals
    He's the grandest guy in town
    With seven testicles

Comment

Maybe if you're lucky, someone will dress up like a priest and take advantage of you.
      and some other things

Comment

I will be dressed like an 80s churchgoer who doesn't wear underwear and drinks from a flask (at church).
        and some other things

Comment

I dunno, I'm trying to get Nachoed, though I don't want to see any of the other bands. I'll probably just sit outside drinking Chivas with Karl afterwards.
          Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusTheBright
            I think I still have my uniform. I'm not sure if I'll still fit in it.

DAMN YOU FRESHMAN FIFTEEN!

HEY ALL YOU PEOPLE GOING! I NEED HELP GETTING THERE!

Since I have a night class I have to kind of work around it. I can do one of two things. I can get to wherever you are no ealier than 8:30 and give you heaping loads of gas money to take me with you. It's okay if you're in the suburbs, because I can take the metra to wherever is closest, since my second choice was to be on either the 8:40 Metra coming into Geneva at 9:46, and hope that someone can give me a ride from that train station ( 328 Crescent Pl, Geneva IL) to the show.

EITHER WAY I WILL GIVE YOU LOTS OF GAS MONEY AND LOVE!
            ass, gas or grass

Comment

Originally posted by dorkus malorkus
              ass, gas or grass
              Gas and only gas.

ANYONE????
              Rogues do it from behind.

Grammar Hammer: I just don't understand why they call it AIDS when it doesn't seem to help anybody.

michael: The moon is a dirty liberal and should be destroyed.

Comment

all ages?

Comment

All ages. Bring whiskey, that is the only rule.
                  and some other things

Comment

I can give you a ride from Dekalb. I live on john street.
                    THE BEARD STAYS...
                    YOU GO.

Comment

Actually, I think I might've worked out a ride from the wonderful, awesome and unsurpassed Todd F.

I'll wait until he calls/e-mails me back before I get really whiny.
                      Rogues do it from behind.

Grammar Hammer: I just don't understand why they call it AIDS when it doesn't seem to help anybody.

michael: The moon is a dirty liberal and should be destroyed.

Comment

Yes, it is all ages. There is no alcohol allowed. They do sell pizza, soda, water, coffee. It will be very loud and in a very small place. Get there early because people will be turned away. $8, at 10 PM, but I'm suggesting 9. Parking is free (in most spots, there are some 15 minute spots, but that rule is probably null after a certain time) on the streets surrounding The Rodeo. This show will last to at or beyond 1 AM.

Comment

whats with all the weirdos posting on this thread?
                          :starwars:

O RLY?

Comment

Going to this sounded like a good idea until I woke up and felt like I was going to collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Called Sting
                              whats with all the weirdos posting on this thread?
                              yea usually i dont care...but seriously...

Comment

holy ****, that was one of the worst shows i've ever been to.

okay...

man. where to begin.

a) if that building exploded, the average IQ of dekalb would have jumped about 15 points. i have never in my entire life seen more people doing more stupid, annoying dances, more people clamouring for attention, more people making complete asses out of themselves than last night. i swear to you that i don't think 95% of the people there even knew there was a band playing. it was like being in junior high. there's somehting ridiculous about being immediately in front of a band you want to see and having trouble hearing them because everyone around you is talking so loudly about who they want to **** or what band's last show they saw that it actually starts to drown out the music. god damn.

b) circle takes the square are great, but let's be honest... they were WAY off their game last night. it's not entirely their fault, i suppose. their were tons of technical difficulties and it was just a weird atmosphere for a show. i don't think i would have been able to concentrate on playing. but on top of all that, they sounded like **** (the guitars were nearly inaudible), ****ed up a bunch of songs and were really really really not tight. i have a MASSIVE amount of leeway i give bands in the area of so-called "tightness" but that was just terrible. i thought they were great at dupagefest 2 years ago and was REALLY looking forward to seeing them, too. granted, none of this mattered to all the people there who just wanted to **** some **** up on the dance floor to a band that really shouldn't inspire any "moshing" what so ever.

c) when i went on the side of the stage to try to actually see O takes the [] some guy looked at me and yelled "hey! if you're not in a band you're not getting back here!" now generally i have no problem with someone telling me there's somewhere i can't stand at a show (even if it makes no sense), but do you have to be such an ass about it? on top of that, there were all sorts of people back there who WEREN'T IN ANY OF THE BANDS THAT PLAYED! so apparently it's not a "band's only" area it's a "i'm a jerk and it's only for who i say it's for area." i suppose i might have enjoyed circle takes the square more if i could see them, but that wasn't really an option.

d) due to mapquest sucking, i missed weekend nachos.

e) dekalb is a hole. it should be stopped.

man. sorry about the rant, but i needed to vent. i'm still in a bad mood from dropping money on a show where i enjoyed literally NOTHING. i'm pretty sure circle takes the square are coming back in a month or two so i guess i'll be going to see them again and hoping this time around it's not so pointless.

whew. i feel better now.
                                hey, you want to buy my chili? - luke v.

Comment

Working...
                                X