2004.01.02 - 6:00 - Eugene's Basement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004.01.02 - 6:00 - Eugene's Basement

yes, 'tis true: we metacom are throwing in the towel. this will be our last show.

line-up:

montecore
    when all the world sleeps
    hellenkeller
    substrata
    friel
    metacom

9512 garfield, one block east off kemman in brookfield.
    i assume that you should email eugene or me or someone in one of the bands for directions.

montecore is m.j. hendrickson's new band. he sings and wears head bands and gulik's crazy younger brother plays drums. they are grind and have been sardonically dubbed "metacom II."

when all the world sleeps is matt's younger brother's band. they use some nifty chords but fear the weird time - pretty zang for young-uns.

hellen keller - hipster-core. see this thread.

substrata - janus's band; a bunch of all right dudes. i don't really know the terms for various types of music but they have parts with emo chords and parts with metalcore breakdowns. they are good at getting a nice, rich texture in their songs. i dig.

friel - this is me. i will be banging a pot and yelling.

metacom - eleven songs in two and a half years; a failure of a band.

hope you can come.

oh yeah; the above list might not be the actual band order, but who cares, anyway?
    "We must see our rituals for what they are: completely arbitrary things; tired of games and irony, it is good to be dirty and bearded, to have long hair, to look like a girl when one is a boy (and vice versa); one must put "in play", show up, transform, and reverse the systems which quietly order us about."

-M. Foucault

that poor guy will have to listen to that hipster joke a thousand times. hopefully ill be there and hopefully i wont mention it.

friel!
    < Total psycho

Comment

its ok. ill really dress like an ass so everyone will know who i am. im thinking short shorts, pink belt, mesh tank top, and a bandanna of course.
      bigwetbutts.com

Comment

bandanas are hip
        < Total psycho

Comment

oh |ish|. i forgot my sarcasm qoute.

its ok. ill really dress like an ass so everyone will know who i am. im thinking short shorts, pink belt, mesh tank top, and [sarcasm]a bandanna of course.[/sarcasm]

bandannas are the stupidest things ever...unless you are in poison and wear them tied around you pant legs
          bigwetbutts.com

Comment

or have them on your head, knoted in the front.
            "we have a serious dragon problem, bring your sword."

Comment

Correct me if i&#39;m wrong, but I heard HWC was playing

Comment

i haven&#39;t heard that but that would be AWESOME&#33; anyway, by popular demand i announce that "friel" is actually a grindcore band with eugene, shea burgher, toddn, and two other guys who don&#39;t post here. i like them a lot.
                "We must see our rituals for what they are: completely arbitrary things; tired of games and irony, it is good to be dirty and bearded, to have long hair, to look like a girl when one is a boy (and vice versa); one must put "in play", show up, transform, and reverse the systems which quietly order us about."

-M. Foucault

Comment

I really want to go to this show, it&#39;s like afew blocks away from my mom&#39;s house. I have a wedding to go to in countryside that night. Dose this show need to be done at a certain time? If i get the chance I&#39;ll stop by. I&#39;ll drag my wife with me, and I&#39;ll be in a suit&#33;&#33;&#33;

Comment

i don&#39;t know; that&#39;s a question for eugene to answer. it would be pretty awesome if you showed up in a suit, though.

also, in the interest of niceness, i&#39;m going to give a "real" description of hellen keller. after listening to their songs on their website once while i was cleaning my dorm room i decided that they were pretty dang cool. they have loud thrashy parts (if i&#39;m not mistaken there is a person in the band just making feedback noises, which is sweet) and then they have little kid keyboard parts and samples. i leave it to xcurl to flesh this description out if he wishes.

band websites:

montecore
                    when all the world sleeps
                    hellen keller
                    substrata
                    friel
                    metacom

-M. Foucault

Comment

idigsouthernrock- no there isnt a time limit thing or whatever, its starting at 6 or around then, and i have no idea how long it will go. you should come, and bring your mom and then have suburban refuge or kungfu rick play...oh wait :( .id also like you to see my band(friel) cause we sound alot like old kungfurick, so ill delay as much as possible for mr.frinaldi and the mrs.

janus-HWC is not playing, friel and i just talked about how it would be awesome, you can ask them if you want so friel todd or myself wont have too, there is room for another band. or jay will just read this and say no before we ask him friday.

friel-im not wearing pants

Comment

Originally posted by ugene@Dec 18 2003, 12:26 PM
                        friel-im not wearing pants
                        at the show or right now?... or both?

-M. Foucault

Comment

well, then, and i guess at the show if you really want.

Comment

what time and date?

Comment

theres 3 people in the band
                              me-drums
                              ken-bass,vocals
                              patrick-moog,vocals

the feedback is from the pedals ken and patrick use. also the main feedback is because we made our own PA out of extra wires, a nintendo, and 4 house speakers.

as for a description...i dont know. ill quote patrick on this one..."EAT LOTS OF COOKIES REALLY FAST. THATS US."
                              bigwetbutts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X