Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004.12.10 - Logan Square - Lord Mike's Dirty Calypsonians, Scott Lucas, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004.12.10 - Logan Square - Lord Mike's Dirty Calypsonians, Scott Lucas, etc.

Fri. Dec. 10 - 8PM - All ages
    Logan Square Auditorium

a Benefit for Chicago's very own All-Female Roller Derby team....thats right!! there will be bands, raffles and lots of skating action.
    WINDY CITY ROLLERS
    SCOTT LUCAS of LOCAL H
    LORD MIKE'S DIRTY CALYPSONIANS (ex Deals Gone Bad)
    With experienced players from diverse musical backgrounds, Lord Mike and his Dirty Calypsonians branch out from the familiar Jamaican sound to make sweet Trinidadian Carnival music. Lyrics riddled with double-entendre and innuendos are sure to entertain while the ten-piece orchestra pumps out powerful rhythms which neither feet nor hips can resist.* Lord Mike, former singer of Deal’s Gone Bad, follows in the showmanship tradition of Calypso greats like Mighty Sparrow and Lord Invader and reminds of us the days when singers were also entertainers.
    TIGHT PHANTOMZ (ex Lustre King)

from WindyCityRollers.com

"That’s right, we’ll be decking the halls of the Logan Square Auditorium, December 10th with bands, babes, booze and the occasional bruising. With girls on skates, hilarious holiday photo ops with the delicious derby dames and some righteous raffle prizes, this Jingle Brawl is one party not to be missed! Doors open at 7 p.m. with Tight Phamtomz putting the cock in rock, Lord Mike and the Calypsonians putting the dance in your pants and Scott Lucas of Local H headlining with special guests. Our fabulous Derby Dame DJ’s will be spinning the crowd into frenzy ‘til 2 a.m. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door and are on sale now. See a local derby dame for tickets or order ‘em here before it’s too late. A portion of our proceeds will help a derby dame fight cancer."

-------------------------------------

Everyone should go to this, it should be a mighty fun time. Andy Mason, I expect to see you there in support of our mutual friend (and my boss), Benjamin Kumming.
    "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

Fu ck. Why is every Lord's Mike show on a night when I have something important as hell to do?!
    Flickr Photostream

Comment

i don't know if i can handle that he deserted the pirate ship. traitor.
      Bread Party

Comment

edit: PM's for everyone.

Comment

holy ****, hilarious. my girlfriend is starting a roller derby team in pittsburgh, except they're mostly going to play while drunk and just go for fun instead of fiercely competing. she also had a run in with Scott Lucas, where he was being jerky in the cab with her, so the cab driver actually pulled over and kicked him out of the cab, while the rest of the band went off with the chicks.
          Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

Comment

my sister is on the chicago women's roller derby team. this is awesome.

Comment

This show was wonderful.
              "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

Comment

Working...
              X