No announcement yet.

2004.10.29 - Logan Square Auditorium - Mouse on Mars, Ratatat, The Junior Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004.10.29 - Logan Square Auditorium - Mouse on Mars, Ratatat, The Junior Boys

FRIDAY OCTOBER 29th, 2004
    LOGAN SQUARE AUDITORIUM
    9PM

COME DRINK WITH HAJI AND MARSH!!!

MOUSE ON MARS
    Mouse on Mars play electronic music of a caliber likened to performers Bjork, Air, and Röyksopp. Their sound changes dramatically and paradoxically incrementally from album to album, displaying their attention to detail and obsession with creation. By establishing the idea that post-rave techno has now been around long enough to develop its own sense of self-awareness and ironic detachment, as well as presenting a handful of their strongest songs to date, Mouse on Mars have truly become a part of the international electronic aristocracy.
    RATATAT
    Ratatat is a collaboration between lead guitarist Mike Stroud and bedroom producer Evan Mast, with piercing sheets of guitar and synthesizer yoked to a bass-heavy metronomic grid. The pair establishes a plush, crisp sonic space somewhere near the crossroads of rock, electronic and hip-hop. The duo's sound tends towards harmonic saturation, folding over you with great swaths of guitar and synthesizer. Unsurprisingly, the effect is intensely pleasurable, giving the songs a warm and almost amniotic sense of immediacy.
    THE JUNIOR BOYS
    The Junior Boys defy any easy equation of pop or dance, joining a long tradition of sonically rich pop that unites emotionally charged songcraft with experimental genres. They break new ground for electro-pop, blending heart felt vocals with a production style that owes a debt to artists as varied as Timbaland, Todd Edwards, Four Tet, and Fennesz. The boys present a dreamy suite of bruise-tender electro and quicksilver soul.
    "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

YES.

Marvel! as, for the first time ever, Eric and Pat drink together
    Beware the mighty Septopus
    What a dandy guy
    He lives on top of the submarine
    And he's always eating pies
    He's always eating pies up there
    And throwing festivals
    He's the grandest guy in town
    With seven testicles

Comment

IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

ALL YOU BITCHES COME
      "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

Comment

I smell some bullshatt... that, or I drink too much.
        “Agents are just for selling bad players. The big clubs come straight to me.”

Comment

Working...
        X