• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004.11.07 - Empty Bottle - I Need Sleep, Please Please Wait

Sun. November 7th

I Need Sleep
    Please Please Wait
    + 1 tba

@ The Empty Bottle (1035 N. Western Ave)
    Starts at 9:30 PM
    $7 door
    21+

http://www.2Nmusic.com

i used to live with dan nagy.

i hated it.

Comment

That Please Please Wait band's website leads me to believe they are ****ing douchebags. I would not be proud of any of those quotes on the "About the Band" page.
      Originally posted by Brody Strellin
      its time to give my Life to the Lord for his safe handlingment

http://hissnlissn.com

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
        That Please Please Wait band's website leads me to believe they are ****ing douchebags. I would not be proud of any of those quotes on the "About the Band" page.
        From the page: "Duos, I think, are the new quintets," said our rock-journalist friend Claire.

Their "rock-journalist friend Claire" is my new least favorite person.
        “Agents are just for selling bad players. The big clubs come straight to me.”

Comment

Not to OD on this lame site, but:

Says the band: "It's kind of like this: Imagine that the Flaming Lips or Radiohead decided to cover some old Al Green tunes. We like to call it 'Sci-Fi Soul'."

God, that just jump started my up-coming bowl movement...
          “Agents are just for selling bad players. The big clubs come straight to me.”

Comment

DL, don't waste your timers with these "programming wizard" douchebags. PS - Where's Dan Huff?

Comment

Be nice guys.

Comment

I Need Sleep rules

I don't know anything about Please Please Wait and their doucheyness or lack thereof, but I do know that I Need Sleep is awesome, and insanely weird. My best friend from grade school, Dave Hoffman is in that band. They're like this strange performance-art group, and they use all sorts of crazy instruments. I heard they were getting an electric banjo.

Comment

I Need Sleep is pretty good, but there's a certain, creepy "guilty by association" feel you get when you hear about a decent band playing with a ****ty band.
                  Originally posted by Brody Strellin
                  its time to give my Life to the Lord for his safe handlingment

http://hissnlissn.com

Comment

Hendrix once opened for the Monkeys, so don't take that guilt-by-association-stuff too far. Go to the show, you can always go get a snack during Please Please Wait's set.

Comment

Working...
                    X