X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004.10.17 - Bottom Lounge - HWC, FKS, Hot Cross

Sun. Oct. 17 - 5PM - All ages -
    HE WHO CORRUPTS (ex Tobucdet)
    Spawning from the ashes of many now defunct Chicago hardcore bands (like Tobucdet), the noise/insane stylings are upon us with Hewhocorrupts. Grindcore isn’t always the easiest thing to off unless you've been playing it for several years and can play riffs in your sleep like Zack Petrusa can, either it’s so insane that it’s brilliant, or so insane that it's intolerable to listen to like when Ryan talks about riding roller coasters all the time while pretending he's hitting someone in the head with a hammer. It’s pretty cliché by now to call a band “crazy” or “insane”, but go ahead and call Hewhocorrupts crazy because they really scared those |f*ck|in Montana kids when they whipped out their junks on them! Crazy ass grindcore from some crazy ass kids who now have real old ball bags and are hairy as |f*ck|!
    HOT CROSS (ex Joshua Fit For Battle / You and I / Saetia)
    You’d better have a fire extinguisher on hand when you listen to Hotcross– hardcore to say the least. Only a fire breather could induce this much heat and ferocity. The best part of this band is that there are no traces of metal, a trap that a lot of the recent ‘hardcore’ bands fall into. Take the best elements of Minor Threat and combine them with the sensibilities of the other bands the members were in (Joshua Fit for Battle, Saetia, You and I, to name a few) and add a dose of kerosene. There are crazy guitars, great bass and drums work and stabbing vocals. It’s less straightforward than Minor Threat, more hectic and intense occasionally flirting with melodic tones.
    COLISEUM (mbrs of Black Cross / The Royalty)
    FORK KNIFE SPOON

cum hair... :lol:
    Bottom Lounge
    3206 N. Wilton St.
    1 blk W of Clark/Belmont
    Chicago, IL
    773-975-0505

This show is going to be |f*cking| amazing

minus hot cross.
    bigwetbutts.com

Comment

Holy |ish|, I NEED to go to this show. Oh my god.
      sweet.

Comment

durk the jerk
        and some other things

Comment

i really want them to replace their description with the one durkin did.
          < Total psycho

Comment

personally, I like the FKS description
            and some other things

Comment

I like music; wait, no I don&#39;t, but I might go to this anyway.
              "Try craigslist. It's free and you might get an STD!"
              - michael

Comment

that flyer is awesome
                :starwars:

O RLY?

Comment

Originally posted by &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#@Sep 19 2004, 01:45 PM

minus hot cross.
                  You mean plus hot cross.

Comment

Originally posted by xghstst0riesx+Sep 20 2004, 12:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xghstst0riesx @ Sep 20 2004, 12:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#@Sep 19 2004, 01:45 PM

minus hot cross.
                    You mean plus hot cross. [/b][/quote]
                    hell yeah he meant that.
                    HEY STEFAN!

Comment

Originally posted by xghstst0riesx+Sep 20 2004, 12:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xghstst0riesx @ Sep 20 2004, 12:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#@Sep 19 2004, 01:45 PM

minus hot cross.
                      You mean plus hot cross. [/b][/quote]
                      I&#39;ve seen hot cross live. They are gay as |f*ck|. Billy needs to retire.
                      bigwetbutts.com

Comment

Bobby Machine Gun doesn&#39;t like the bottom lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Durkin@Sep 18 2004, 08:42 PM
                          The best part of this band is that there are no traces of metal, a trap that a lot of the recent ‘hardcore’ bands fall into.
                          Uh, that sure is a load of bull|ish|... any band that feels like it&#39;s okay to have blazing metal leads through their whole songs has totally fallen into the metal trap. It&#39;s not BAD, but it sure is stupid to downright LIE about it...

Comment

I like bands when I&#39;m drunk.
                            i love mac n cheese i cant get too mcuch cheddar

Comment

the bottom lounge is the opposite of disney world.

jocks serving beer to punks.

|f*ck| that.

Comment

Working...
                              X