Clear All

• 2004.08.14 - Glen Ellyn House Show

ED FEST 2 / EMO FEST
    FREE SHOW ON AUGUST 14th
    @ the garage of 22W571 Tamarack Dr. Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
    It starts at 5PM

Sponsors - How to dress emo 2.0

Bands:

History of the Decline (Naperville Grindcore at its finest)
    Rise of Marakara (three piece hardcore band also playing Dupage Fest)
    The Knocking Boots (I haven't heard this band until they wanted to play this show and I really like them. They mix indie with hardcore influences with quite spectacular results)
    I Like... I Like Parties (Putting Glen Ellyn back on the map of Dupage Hardcore)

if you need more info either ask questions here or email me at ed_likesparties@hotmail.com
    Next time you tell me that we are going to be together forever. Be sure to mean exactly what you say. See I would have know if you told me that last November. That forever's only 11 months away.

the emo girl on that website looks like christie sayers
    How it feels to be something on.

Comment

haha brandon you suck.

Comment

Wow those kids look like everyone on this board circa 2 years ago. |owned|. Especially Toddd and Croson. Double |owned|.
        The best part is that I'm wearing a Thursday shirt right now. Triple |owned|.

In all seriousness, I'd be there but I'm going to see Deathcab for Cutie. This post just gets more and more unintentionally (?) hilarious as it goes on.

~Steve
        My signature know only consists of quotes from LBE members because I suck at life:

"Indie rock hair and fashion sense are the result of a million terrible ideas gangbanging, without protection, in the minds of easily-influenced nar nars." - Jose

"Masturbation is more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle." - Jimbo

"Pat ******* is a social construct"- Todd Knife

Comment

Um, yeah... hilarious.
          Little White Earbuds: Hook up your ears

Comment

i think modest mouse is playing the 14th, too...

Comment

uh... were you blind two years ago, marshall?
              hey, you want to buy my chili? - luke v.

Comment

Whose house is this at? I live about 4 blocks away from there.
                ALARM Magazine
                www.alarmpress.com

Centerstage Chicago

www.centerstagechicago.com

Lava Bat
                www.lavabat.com

Comment

Comment

whoa, looks like knockin boots will have a surprise bass player...

Comment

:( yeah you have ed fest while im gone...grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by morrow@Aug 9 2004, 02:51 AM
                        Whose house is this at? I live about 4 blocks away from there.
                        Yeah it is at my house. Oh and tip of advice don't ever plan a show the same day as a damn Death Cab/ Modest Mouse concert because it equals bad news. I think people caught on to my plan. The reason for Ed Fest was to say I could actually get people over at my house. Now I don't think any one is coming.

GOD DAMNIT
                        Next time you tell me that we are going to be together forever. Be sure to mean exactly what you say. See I would have know if you told me that last November. That forever's only 11 months away.

Comment

oh yeah I dig the poster/flyer brandon. I made a handful (handwritten on one side) myself hopefully people will come because of those. Oh people will come, they just might be playing at the concert as well.

Comment

thanks. yeah, haha. my bassist isn't going to play with us because he's going to that show. but we have a special secret bassist filling in.

Comment

yeah we were suppose to have a special emo fest secret but ends up he is going to the deathcab show.

Oh I remember not to long ago when I went to a death cab show and I don't think it even sold out. God damn the OC and Q101 and this girl Claire for making Death Cab sellout shows. I hate you all.

Comment

Working...
                              X