X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004.07.22 - Fireside Bowl- Usurp Synapse

Thu. Jul. 22 - 7PM - All ages

USURP SYNAPSE
    Quirky guitars, off-time drumming and screaming vocals blend together into a musical assault. For the unprepared, Usurp Synapse is a disaster that leaves them huddled in a stuffy and overcrowded relief shelter. For those appropriately wary of the band, the blitzkrieg still threatens to flatten them -- but the damage to the psyche will be even more devastating. Worshipers of The Locust, My Lai and other princes of chaos shall kneel before the ominous power of Usurp Synapse.

TUSK (mbrs of Pelican / ex Disembodied)
    Avant, progged out, psych’, helicopter grind -- Tusk’s aural barrage has been categorized with some random appellations. Truth of the matter is, the more out-there the genre description, the more obvious this fact: It’s |f*cking| out there. Amidst surgically precise blasts, frenzied vocals and fret board savagery to make devout fans of all matters of harshness raise a horned-hand salute, you’ll find a willingness to experiment: sitar, slide guitar, mandolin, swirling keyboard passages. For fans of Lightning Bolt, Arab on Radar, Discordance Axis, This Heat and Don Caballero.

WOLF & CUB (ex -tion / La Mantra De Fhiqria / mbrs of Dakota Dakota)

PHOENIX BODIES

NO FUNERAL

Come out early, you |f*ck|s. The last time I saw No Funeral they just |aboot| made me |ish| myself. Well, not literally, but you catch my drift. Tusk will have copies of the "Tree of No Return" CD with us - that being our new album. Jody was in Disembodied for |aboot| two weeks - I'm a little surprised to see that reference surfacing nowadays.

I have my ticket to this already and have had it for |aboot| a month because I am that lame.
    bigwetbutts.com

Comment

this show is going to be quite good. i have been waiting to see Tusk play for a long time. the word on the streets is that their shows can get pretty intense. can somebody back up that assumption?

pat
      maan tiis

Comment

I saw tusk at the command center and it was by no means "wild" but it was still damn fun to watch and I really want to see them again.
        bigwetbutts.com

Comment

Due to Other Commitments, I had to take Sunday off instead of Friday, which means no showy-show for me.
          Rogues do it from behind.

Grammar Hammer: I just don't understand why they call it AIDS when it doesn't seem to help anybody.

michael: The moon is a dirty liberal and should be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusTheBright@Jul 17 2004, 09:41 AM
            Due to Other Commitments, I had to take Sunday off instead of Friday, which means no showy-show for me.
            well its thursday not friday
            bigwetbutts.com

Comment

the tusk is more unpredictable than wild, really. jody can be really intense and i think the band can reach into this strange realm of heavy when they are "on". they are one of my favorite bands. they can be hit or miss but when they miss its still really good so you cant really go wrong, you know?
              < Total psycho

Comment

Originally posted by &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#+Jul 17 2004, 11:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# @ Jul 17 2004, 11:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-IcarusTheBright@Jul 17 2004, 09:41 AM
                well its thursday not friday [/b][/quote]
                NO |f*cking| |ish|, MAN. I DIDN&#39;T EVER SEE THAT&#33;

YESSSSSSS. I NEVER WORK THURSDAYS.

I AM EXCITED AND THEREFORRE TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

EVERYTHING&#39;S COMING UP &#33;
                Rogues do it from behind.

Grammar Hammer: I just don't understand why they call it AIDS when it doesn't seem to help anybody.

michael: The moon is a dirty liberal and should be destroyed.

Comment

Oooo Phoenix Bodies.
                  sweet.

Comment

I really want to go to this but it will take convincing a few. ladies.

added note why am i drinking at 8:40 in the morning?
                    i love mac n cheese i cant get too mcuch cheddar

Comment

I CAN FEEL IT COMMING IN THE AIR TONIGHT
                      OH LORD
                      IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT ALL MY LIFE
                      OH LORD
                      OH LORD

DO YOU REMEMBER?
                      I REMEMBER "DONT WORRY"
                      HOW COULD I EVER FORGET
                      IT WAS THE FIRST TIME, THE LAST TIME
                      WE EVER MET

OH I DONT KNOW THE REASON WHY YOU KEPT THE SILENCE UP
                      YOU HID IT FROM ME
                      SO THE HURT DOESNT SHOW
                      BUT THE PAIN STILL ROSE
                      SO STRENGTH INTO YOU AND ME

DAH-DUM&#33; DAH-DUM&#33; DAH-DUM&#33; DADUM-DUM-DUM&#33;
                      < Total psycho

Comment

Thumbs Down&#33;

Man for looking forward to this for like a month I sure was not too happy with the show at all.

First band Whos Name I dont Know Slower melodic drony stuff. Yeah I like the first nine minute long song. I didnt like it when you proceded to play pretty much the same thing three more times.

Pheonix Bodies Ok. This was pretty much the only part of the show I didnt hate. I like them. They were heavy as |f*ck|. Although I didnt want to see the one singer almost naked. I dont mind looking at almost naked guys if they are at least decent looking. He was just no. It was creepy and sad.

Wolf And Cub I dont know. For some reason I just dont like this band. Maybe its becaue I think I saw their first show and they just kept |f*cking| up and stopping songs and it wasnt enjoyable. I didnt even watch them at this one.

Tusk God this was disappointing. I reallllllllly enjoy tusk and their set was just full of |ish| shorting out. There were no vocals for the first 3 songs and I think they only played like 5. MORE BLAST BEATS. God I love their drummer. And their singer scares the hell out of me. -1 point for him punching me in the balls when he was spazzing out. +3 points for his top gun flight suit he was wearing.

Usurp Synapse Bahhhhhhhhhhh. What a let down. Again, No vocals for half the set. Played on the floor so no one could see them. Sweet. They were pretty tight for the most part muscially but they only played like 12 minutes. If you are only playing two reunion shows ever you can at least play for more than |f*cking| 12 minutes. Especially if you are headlining.

I want my money back.
                        bigwetbutts.com

Comment

i was a little suprised by the way wolf and cub sound. fordirelifesake? whaaa?

usurp was tired sounding. i dunno. 2 or 3 years ago i saw them at fireside and they were playing emo and crying on the floor. that reall happened. well, looks like they smelled what the locust was cooking and decided to cash in. i dunno. music without heart behind it sounds like crap to me, no matter how good they play.

phoenix bodies was the best part of the show, hands down. 3 of the songs in the middle of their set were so |f*cking| awesome. i recorded that |ish|. it was their first time playing the fireside.

the tusk was kind of out of it. i dunno. like i said, they are unpredictable. it definetly wasnt their best show. possibly their worst. its too bad.

no funeral was good. a little redundant. i dunno. really good guitar player. yeah.
                          < Total psycho

Comment

i was only there for wolf and cub, tusk and usurp synapse. i was at target and costco.

target was good, i picked up some assorted gum, products to make me clean and a new toothbrush and toothpaste. successful trip. (no funeral is okay, just not my favorite)

costco was packed and bought some gatorade, caprisun, and some cherries. made fun of people who just had corona, mikes hard lemonade and their kid in their cart. lots of yuppies buying 400oz of body lotion and 28lbs of pickles. more fun made. (i saw phoenix bodies at the sportsplex and bought their cd, i liked it and just didn&#39;t make it in time)

wolf and cub need to decide on sloppiness versus tech or find some amazing way to integrate the two.(it&#39;s a secret but the answer is alcohol)

i love tusk. i love the song get ready very much live. i was sad they didn&#39;t play, but i still love them even though they didn&#39;t play for very long. layering and texturing of sounds is getting better and better with the synths and large pedal boards. now that you&#39;re hot boys, don&#39;t forget the kids. play the old hits and help durkin move some units.

usurp synapse was as dissappointing as i remember them. i used to have class with a really hot girl who was engaged to the singer. i basically stayed to see if she was there and say hey, but alas it was a no go.

Comment

Originally posted by xavii@Jul 23 2004, 10:45 AM
                              (it&#39;s a secret but the answer is alcohol)
                              i love you, bob.
                              < Total psycho

Comment

Working...
                              X