The Ghost
    Form of Rocket
    America is Waiting

The Command Center House
    1537 W. Augusta, Chicago
    7PM
    $???
    Don't hate. Regulate.

America is Waiting is absolutely incredible... Sounds somewhere along the lines of the Hero of 100 Fights stuff, but a bit more spacey/effects based. Really cool.

definitely check this out if you have the chance.

Comment

This show is now happening at The needle house for some reason.
      9 south union @ the corner of 33rd. still 7pm

For those interested the ghost is also playing the fireside on the 18th (sunday) w/ Dakota Dakota, Hanalei, May or May Not, and Shark Pants @ 5pm.

edit: spelling
      Don't hate. Regulate.

Comment

Hrm, map quest isn&#39;t pulling up a "9 S. Union" I wonder if that&#39;s the right address. Oh, wait, here&#39;s the address on this other post, 3529 Union, that make more sense. Hrm, this definatly doesn&#39;t look like there&#39;s a show here. <pulls out cell phone> Hey greg, can you check LBE for me and see if there&#39;s a differnt addy for the Needle house than 9 Union, and 3529 Union. "Yeah Bri, 3259 S Union" Oh, OK, I hear some music now, this must be it. <walk into building.> Well, there&#39;s the skate ramp. Shouldn&#39;t there be people skating, and I hear music from upstairs. I thought shows were in the basement. How do I get upstairs. Oh&#33; Hi, is there a show here? "No" What, there isn&#39;t? I&#39;m sorry, I thought the Ghost was playing. "No, we can&#39;t have shows here anymore. You can some watch TV with us. There are shows on TV." So that music upstairs is just kids practicing? "Oh, yeah, they just moved it. There&#39;s no show." "Alright, sorry |aboot| that. Have a good one.

Well that was a nice hour and 20 minute commute wasted.
        Serves me right for trying to go to a show.

Comment

According to the Ghost&#39;s website:

"Due to a cease and desist order from Chicago&#39;s finest the Needle House has had to cancel tonights event as well as all of their upcoming shows. We apologize for the inconvience and wish our friends down on Union Street the best of luck in pursuing the continuation of fine basement shows without city intereruption."

Maybe the cops are still pissed at the Ghost over the chaos that ensued at Buddy in May.

Also, in an effort to avert any further confusion, the show on the 18th is not the Ghost, but in fact Brian&#39;s (the lead singer) side, sort-of-solo project, Hanalei. For anyone who hasn&#39;t heard it, it&#39;s completely worth checking out. The EP, "Hurricane We" is spectacular, and a full-length entitled "We Are All Natural Disasters" is scheduled for a September 7th release on Thick.

Comment

yea, so basically i got pissed.

some of us checked the website before we left, thereby avoiding the drive.
            Don&#39;t hate. Regulate.

Comment

the command center is also not 1537, it&#39;s 1357
              are you guys into reading?
              Originally posted by Brody Strellin
              its time to give my Life to the Lord for his safe handlingment

http://hissnlissn.com

Comment

Working...
              X