No announcement yet.

2004.05.02 Bottom Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does pelican remind anyone else about climbing a mountain?
    did you know matt hord is a staple in the chicago hardcore scene?

Comment

Originally posted by lindsay@May 3 2004, 11:44 AM
      If at the top of that mountain I slay a dragon and get to reign in like a leather outfit over all the land before me, then yes.

But if I'm just like in some Timberlands or whatever and I have a water bottle and I want to be one with nature, then no.
      Beware the mighty Septopus
      What a dandy guy
      He lives on top of the submarine
      And he's always eating pies
      He's always eating pies up there
      And throwing festivals
      He's the grandest guy in town
      With seven testicles

Comment

i'm just going to say pelican reminds me of stupid
        Originally posted by Brody Strellin
        its time to give my Life to the Lord for his safe handlingment

http://hissnlissn.com

Comment

Originally posted by *******+May 3 2004, 11:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (******* @ May 3 2004, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lindsay@May 3 2004, 11:44 AM
          If at the top of that mountain I slay a dragon and get to reign in like a leather outfit over all the land before me, then yes.

But if I&#39;m just like in some Timberlands or whatever and I have a water bottle and I want to be one with nature, then no. [/b][/quote]
          see i can see both.

obviously i am not going to expand upon the leather and dragon theory--you have worded it perfectly.

i dunno--i guess during the last song they played last night i stood there thinking to myself "wow i really want to climb up on a tall mountain and look over the land below me and say &#39;goddamn that&#39;s a lot of land. i just climbed a huge mountain. i am triumphant.&#39;"

that&#39;s totally what pelican sounds like to me. a huge battle either with some crazy mythical being (especially a dragon) or a battle with nature itself.
          unrelated: the first track on the ep reminds me of the sun rising.

Comment

you need to listen to more music if you&#39;re getting all this off one stupid band

Comment

i&#39;m pretty sure i just watched a bunch of sprawling neurosis/hum riffs, but certainly no sprawling terrain. but to each his/her own.

you guys could probably discuss this further on *******&#39;s livejournal.

(cuh-wits)
              "One time, Brian brought a parade of juggalos to the Sportsplex like the Pied Piper" -Cosmos
              "Smallen up that ballsack you web-cocked fuck" -Cary

Comment

don&#39;t h8

Comment

i dunno...i thought mastodon was terrible.

and pelican was super boring except for the first song.

Comment

it&#39;s sweet that i miss the one show mastodon sucked at. the other four times were riffalicious. as for pelican, eh, i&#39;m not gonna hate, but i&#39;m probably going to listen to a sleep, los natas, high on fire, isis, neurosis, swans, mogwai, tarantula hawk, boris, etc. record over a pelican record.
                    Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Comment

Originally posted by lindsay@May 3 2004, 02:38 PM
                      don&#39;t h8
                      i&#39;m just joking. i jump at even the slightest chance to mention *******&#39;s livejournal.
                      "One time, Brian brought a parade of juggalos to the Sportsplex like the Pied Piper" -Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by ****+May 3 2004, 05:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (**** @ May 3 2004, 05:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lindsay@May 3 2004, 02:38 PM
                        don&#39;t h8
                        i&#39;m just joking. i jump at even the slightest chance to mention *******&#39;s livejournal. [/b][/quote]
                        My LiveJournal is going to be made over into the PATRICK ******* SALUTE TO BRIAN ****, in which every post refers to me hanging out with you or talking to you. I will have pictures of you.

Just you wait and see.
                        What a dandy guy
                        And throwing festivals
                        With seven testicles

Comment

http://www.livejournal.com/users/patrick*******/

Also, take a look at my personal info. I think I updated it to show that I&#39;m really into Brian ****
                          What a dandy guy
                          And throwing festivals
                          With seven testicles

Comment

although hilarious and in all caps, i still feel that being dragged into your twisted livejournal world is unfair. just when i talked |ish| on Paige to the point that she removed any pictures of me from her site and she almost stopped posting entirely, you go and do something like this.

this, Andrew W.K. will hear about.

new direction of thread: Big Insect still rules. Pelican is derivative.

Comment

true

Comment

Originally posted by lindsay@May 3 2004, 12:13 PM
                                that&#39;s totally what pelican sounds like to me. a huge battle either with some crazy mythical being (especially a dragon) or a battle with nature itself.
                                ah. you&#39;re thinking of italian power metal band RHAPSODY.

Primitive Future
                                Like Rats
                                Pagan Youth

Comment

Working...
                                X