No announcement yet.

2006.09.03 - Double Door - BRUTAL TRUTH, PIG DESTROYER, MINSK, PLAGUE BRINGER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006.09.03 - Double Door - BRUTAL TRUTH, PIG DESTROYER, MINSK, PLAGUE BRINGER

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 3rd, 2006 @ DOUBLE DOOR
    1572 N. Milwaukee Ave.
    CHICAGO, IL

Time: DOORS 8PM, STARTS 9PM
    Cost: $15.00

BRUTAL TRUTH - They were one of the pioneers of deathgrind that formed in 1990 and disbanded in 1999 and reunite in Chicago on 9.3.2006

PIG DESTROYER - Extreme metal band from Virginia, combining elements of grindcore, thrash metal, death metal, and doom metal...THE SHIT.

MINSK - As organic as it is other-worldly, infusing the rhythms of the earth and the resonance of the human voice with the synthetic sounds of machines, amplifiers, and effects.

PLAGUE BRINGER

tickets available at Double Door box office or Ticketmaster.

2ND ANNUAL ELECTRIC CITY ROCKFEST: It is doubtful the most extreme end of the musical spectrum has ever possessed such a transfixing dichotomy as BRUTAL TRUTH. The band progressed with boundless enthusiasm through the primal fury of traditional grindcore and hardcore punk. They attacked suffocating city life on the edge of the 21st century and its media noise overload with the bare-knuckled forcefulness of passion, conviction and a simple love for playing music. They created chaos with a surgical precision and finesse unmatched by their peers.

The primitive origins of BRUTAL TRUTH can be traced back to the early nineties when infamous bassist extraordinaire Danny Lilker created the group. The initial three-piece lineup featuring Danny on vocals/bass, guitarist Brent "Gurn" McCarty and drummer Scott Lewis was completely raw and only a side project to Danny?s other musical endeavors. The trio issued a quick demo and single before adding the vocal presence of Atlanta-born music journalist Kevin Sharp.

Due to their willingness to experiment in various noise ensembles outside the band, BRUTAL TRUTH amassed a disparate audience: metalheads, punkers, grind and underground hardcore fans, art-noise and experimental music enthusiasts. The band was lauded as having helped make it possible for noise artists to establish themselves in North America.

i thought only relapse bands could play this.
    puppy dogs.

Comment

Al Qaeda also got their idea for 9/11 from Brutal Truth.
      Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Comment

Fucking amazing.

Comment

I had fun and only got hit in the face once!
          Eu faço o que eu quero.

Comment

the sound at double door sucks.
            puppy dogs.

Comment

sweet. all the bands ruled. the show was paced really well. brutal truth was ridiculous.

Comment

By the time Brutal Truth played, I was so fed up with the muddy sound that it was ridiculous. I was hot, getting elbowed by leathermen, and all I could make out in the mix was arhythmic-sounding yelling over what was maybe some drums? As such, Stever and I bugged out to the Beachwood for drinks and conversation. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anybody!

I had a real good time, nevertheless.
                Beware the mighty Septopus
                What a dandy guy
                He lives on top of the submarine
                And he's always eating pies
                He's always eating pies up there
                And throwing festivals
                He's the grandest guy in town
                With seven testicles

Comment

BT played waaaay too long. The only grind bands I would ever want to see play that long would be either Assuck or DxAx - no one else. And yes, the sound there was pretty bad. Actually, it got worse as the night went on. Plague Bringer sounded pretty good, then the rest of the show went straight to hell.

Comment

Brutal Truth gave people their money's worth. So so awesome. The sound could have been better, but I was right up front and it sounded like lots of leather and beer.

Comment

I thought the whole show sounded fine. I had earplugs in, so maybe that helped. Brutal Truth are kings, although a lot of their awesome riffs were lost in the chaotic live setting. Kevin Sharp's vocals rule.

Comment

Being front and center the whole show, I did not notice these sound issues. I consider my fifteen bucks extremely well-spent.

Comment

i think being near the back was why the sound was so bad.

pig destroyer sounded fine, minsk was indecipherable.
                          puppy dogs.

Comment

You couldn't make out Burtal Truth's riffage at all and the bass drum was way too high in the mix. But still good times.

Comment

Maybe in the back; I was right next to the guitar amp and would estimate that 85% of the riffs came through with clarity and dignity.

Comment

Working...
                              X