Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006.06.03 - Metro, Chicago - DJ Z-Trip, Jean Grae, Pugslee Atomz, Dynamic Vibrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006.06.03 - Metro, Chicago - DJ Z-Trip, Jean Grae, Pugslee Atomz, Dynamic Vibrations

Saturday, June 3rd, 2006 @ Metro
    3730 N. Clark
    Chicago, IL

Time: 11 PM
    Cost: $19
    18+

DJ Z-Trip
    Jean Grae
    Dynamic Vibrations
    Pugslee Atmoz

Flyer link

If you have never seen z-trip live, he's amazing. i will be there. i am going to ask him if this is going to be a DJ set or a live show. either way, it's going to be great. when i saw him in august, he played mostly live. he played a few records here and there, but it was mostly stuff off the 'shifting gears' album.

if you can afford it, i highly recommend going.
    Last edited by jamesbondsv; 05-17-2006, 05:23 PM.

****, this is the day after something else and I will not be in the state.

Comment

intel is from the z-trip board and a real cool guy. seriously, come out to this if you can. i think Z will be doing a DJ set. you will dance harder than you ever have before.

Comment

does anyone want to go to this with me?

Comment

Me

Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Comment

I'll be at either this or the coup.
            my daughter listens to a lot of fall out boy

Comment

i hope you come to this because as of right now i am going by myself and would rather not.

Comment

:(

I am sorry, Steve

If it were cheaper and/or if there was someone on the bill I really wanted to see I would go. Come to El Cid tonight! Food!
                Beware the mighty Septopus
                What a dandy guy
                He lives on top of the submarine
                And he's always eating pies
                He's always eating pies up there
                And throwing festivals
                He's the grandest guy in town
                With seven testicles

Comment

it's all good. last time i saw z-trip he was playing "the bridge" and this dude in a popped collar polo shirt taps me on the shoulder to say "DUDE - MC SHAN!!!!" and i was like "yeah, man".

i hope that guy is there again tomorrow.

as for el cid, i have to do work stuff tonight. sorry. i don't want to do it as it is team-building non-sense for all the camp counselors but i have to go.

Comment

Popper-collar man would totally be repping MC Shan. For about an hour when I lived with Ari, I would try to play MC Shan tracks right into KRS-One tracks exclusively. It was pretty hilarious.
                    Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Comment

dynamic vibrations were ok. pugslee atomz was great. jean grae killed it. intel and the other DJs (didn't catch there names) were good, too.

z-trip... oh my ****ing god. honest to god, the best thing ever. ever.

highlights:
                      -'we will rock you'/'dirt off your shoulder'
                      -BULLS ON PARADE!
                      -reggae portion of the set
                      -assorted hip-hop classics including (but not limited to) 'paid in full', 'jump around', 'OPP', 'gin and juice', 'nothin' but a G thang'
                      -old classics such as: jurassic 5/oasis, janis joplin/dj shadow, blackalicious/hall of the mountain king finale

he even did a section of drum n bass, during which i thought i would die. he dropped 'the funky worm', and i had heard him mix that into the original of 'dopeman', then into aphrodite's remix of it. i knew that was coming, so i had my gun fingers poised and at the ready. so of course, he drops that wobbly aphrodite jump-up. then what do i hear... 'DURR DURR DUH DURR DURR DURR DURR'... ****ing 'TWIST EM OUT' (AKA that synth from the interludes of 'da ali g show')! holy ****, i lost it and was brocking out so hard. i called for the reload. he did not hear me, obviously, but he rewound that **** regardless. then he mixed into 'dubplate killa' and i think i was the only one who knew what was going on, and i'm sure i looked like an idiot screaming the lyrics. i don't care.

after the show, Z was standing in the corridor and like an idiot i decided to go take a whizz before saying hi. when i got out, he was headed back up to the stage to take apart his set-up. :( oh well. next time.

this was so god damn ****ing sweet. holy ****. that is all i can say. holy god damn ****ing ****.

Comment

how could i forget the 'wanna be startin' somethin''/'get busy child' mix?

Comment

Working...
                        X