Clear All

• 2006.06.03 - Gunther Murphy's - All Limbs Intact, The Idiots + 1 TBA

Saturday, June 3rd, 2006 @ Gunther Murphy's
    1638 W. Belmont

Time: 10 PM (maybe)
    Cost: $7 (maybe)
    21+

All Limbs Intact - We will rock your face
    The Idiots - It's a "the" band that is getting local airplay on Q101! Take that any way you wish.
    (+1 more TBA)

21 and Over. This will be our first weekend show, which is pretty sweet, but mainly it's notable because we now have a singer and it will be his first show with us. If you've ever heard of the band Darkmoor, you may be familiar with his work. Come on out, get f.ucked up, get rocked.
    Last edited by jamesbondsv; 05-04-2006, 03:45 PM.
    "Unfortunately, it appears that we were erroneous in this analysis as well," he added. "Even minor fender-benders seem to cause motorists wearing neckbelts to have their entire heads forcibly ripped from their torsos, landing in the front seat to the shocked screams of terrified onlookers."

I mean Darkmoor.
    "Unfortunately, it appears that we were erroneous in this analysis as well," he added. "Even minor fender-benders seem to cause motorists wearing neckbelts to have their entire heads forcibly ripped from their torsos, landing in the front seat to the shocked screams of terrified onlookers."

Comment

Marsh, this sounds like a great excuse for you to stop being a pussy.
      "One time, Brian brought a parade of juggalos to the Sportsplex like the Pied Piper" -Cosmos
      "Smallen up that ballsack you web-cocked fuck" -Cary

Comment

I have to clean out my labia this night
        Beware the mighty Septopus
        What a dandy guy
        He lives on top of the submarine
        And he's always eating pies
        He's always eating pies up there
        And throwing festivals
        He's the grandest guy in town
        With seven testicles

Comment

Come to the show. We will do that for you. WITH OUR ROCKING.

Comment

Man, I wish to see the band that will rock well enough to clean the labia of a man
            Beware the mighty Septopus
            What a dandy guy
            He lives on top of the submarine
            And he's always eating pies
            He's always eating pies up there
            And throwing festivals
            He's the grandest guy in town
            With seven testicles

Comment

I guess there are two other bands on this bill now, but I don't think they are nearly as awesome as us. The good thing about Gunther Murphy's is that, like the Beat Kitchen or Schubas, there is a separate bar area that you can hang out in if the opening bands are, shall we say, not to your liking.

Also, it now starts at 9:30, and is $8. I'm pretty sure we're going to be playing last. If anyone doesn't think that we can clean out their man-labia, just look at our gig poster:

Comment

[Bump] This **** will be righteous. Come drink with Wendell and myself. [/Bump]
                "One time, Brian brought a parade of juggalos to the Sportsplex like the Pied Piper" -Cosmos

Comment

Holy balls! All Limbs Intact were all encompassingly excellent. Just a great rock show, folks. Highlights would include Tbag being fall over drunk, yet still dishing out The Math with much vigor and intensitado. Waiting for him to actually fall over during dirges was pretty entertaining too. Then there's the crazy guitarist from Bear Claw who beat his Travis Bean 500 with a drumstick and tore every string off during 'the big rock ending.' I’m sure he’s on good behavior leave from Arkham. Plus, their singer actually sings. Given his wiriness, the shirtlessness, his voice, and his bantering skills, I’d say their singer is a bit of a cross between David Yow and one Axl Rose. In other words, guys that are way into the Desoto Records catalog and being super loud about it went and got themselves a ringer.

I'm glad there's a local rock band that actually cares about their tone, their songs, and, well, rocking. Sure, Russian Circles are studied and wizard-like, but none of their songs actually rock. A+ All Limbs Intact. Would spend $ to see again!

Comment

It should be noted that Gunther Murphy's is an absolutely terrible bar. Unless an equally awesome show occurs there, I will never go back.

Comment

Wow, thanks dudes! I'm blushing. Believe me, if we don't go on at ****ing 1:15 AM, meaning we haven't been drinking for hours on end before going on stage, we're a lot tighter. Must...practice...restraint.

Plus, I wouldn't have had to concentrate so hard on not falling over if some douchebag hadn't opened the back door, causing that curtain to keep blowing in my face and in front of my blurry goddamn volume pedal.

And although there's nothing very remarkable about Gunther Murphy's, I remember it being much more enjoyable of a dark hangout bar, complemented by good beer at non-assraping prices, the last time I was there. I guess that stretch of Belmont has gotten overrun with frathole bars all of a sudden, and some of those jerkstores are starting to spill over into Gunther Murphy's. Kind of a shame.

Comment

Working...
                      X