Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006.02.24 - Depaul University - Tides of Gorgon, Things Falling Apart, Joiya, +more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006.02.24 - Depaul University - Tides of Gorgon, Things Falling Apart, Joiya, +more

Friday, February 24th, 2006 @ DePaul University
    McGaw Hall Room 130
    802 W. Belden
    Chicago, IL 60601

Time: 6 PM
    Cost: $6

Things Falling Apart: Loud expressive building instrumental wonderfullness
    www.myspace.com/thingsfallingapart

Joiya: Beautiful experimental indie 4 piece from Michigan
    www.myspace.com/joiya

Guaime: Dynamic instrumental mathy rock (features members of Bongripper and HeWhoCorrupts)
    www.myspace.com/guaime

Catamount: Sometimes instrumental progressive metal trio
    www.myspace.com/catamount

Tides of Gorgon: Metal as something made of metal can be.
    www.myspace.com/thetidesofgorgon

(most of these bands have real websites...but this was eaiser)
    Last edited by electronics; 02-22-2006, 09:19 AM.

I hate that's it's easier to post their MySpace URLs. Because that's what everyone does. However, the band's site is usually way more effective at presenting information: someone has actually taken care of it to make it look nice and have every piece of information about the band possible.

Like I've written here [Stolen Mix Tape], MySpace is not a replacement for a regular ol' website.

Steve

Comment

I went with the myspace, because it is a direct link to the bands music avoiding the need to search for links to hear the band...which sometimes just ends up back at myspace.

Comment

Things Falling Apart is really good.

Andy Herald is KNOWLEDGE in psychedelic journeyman form.
        Last edited by NsubUlysses; 02-21-2006, 11:44 PM.
        and some other things

Comment

Sweet, will In the Wake of or "funeral bomb" as they are called now play shows any time soon?

Comment

DEKILLB REPRESENT

Comment

ITWO/Funeral Bomb is on hiatus due to lack of singer....untill then enjoy Bongripper which is what we do with our spare time now. And itwo's drummer and I are in Guaime so that keeps us busy enough untill we can get itwo/FB back into swing

Comment

Originally posted by inthewakeof
                ITWO/Funeral Bomb is on hiatus due to lack of singer....untill then enjoy Bongripper which is what we do with our spare time now. And itwo's drummer and I are in Guaime so that keeps us busy enough untill we can get itwo/FB back into swing
                how can i get that bongripper demo?

Comment

Originally posted by zero
                  how can i get that bongripper demo?
                  From me (ronnow42@hotmail.com) either through mail, I could drop one off somewhere (if its not too far), or if you go to this show on friday I will bring a few copies. They are $7 but you get your money's worth for a full 79 minutes of stoneriffic metal.

Also the new Guaime record is done if anyone is intrested, it is also $7 and features 7 all new songs featuring the 3 piece line up (Ron Petzke, Dan Oconnor, and Zack Petrusa)

Depending on what is most convienent I am sure that we can get you a copy of the CD. Just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X