X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005.07.16 - THE BOTTOM LOUNGE - HWC, SHOT BAKER and more

Sat. Jul. 16 - 9PM - 18+
    HE WHO CORRUPTS (ex Kungfu Rick)
    Spawning from the ashes of many now defunct Chicago hardcore bands, the noise/insane stylings are upon us with Hewhocorrupts. Grindcore isn’t always the easiest thing to off, either it’s so insane that it’s brilliant, or so insane that’s intolerable to listen to. It’s pretty clichéd by now to call a band “crazy” or “insane”, but go ahead and call Hewhocorrupts crazy. Crazy ass grindcore from some crazy ass kids.
    COUGARS (ex Hot Stove Jimmy)
    People only say "rock 'n' roll is dead" to sell records. That way a label, PR hack or jaded journalist can proclaim some band "rock's salvation." It's a load of crap. Even in these harrowing times dominated by nu metal, vapid teen pop and cookie-cutter pop-punk, we must continue to believe in the power of rock.Cougars believe. They know that rock never went anywhere, even though culturally obtuse writers and bottom-line-watching label presidents have decided it's back. Each Cougars show is a testament to its vitality. Eight-count 'em-eight guys (including former members of Big'n and Hot Stove Jimmy) thrust onto the stage for a multi-instrumental assault: dueling guitars, driving bass, manic drumming, powerful horns, ominous keyboards, beguiling vocals. Like a hurricane spinning into motion and laying waste to all that has not been boarded up and abandoned.
    SHOT BAKER
    Shot Baker is a fast, hard, ballsy punk band that carries the same clenched-fisted attitude yet carefree charm as the city of Chicago. Shot Baker is looking to simply have a good time with playing and producing good music with a sing along attitude!
    VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL

the blond alibi is playing the early show this day. you should go to both, dang-gummit...
    < Total psycho

hey i think i might come to this, i'm going to go see seein' red.

Comment

How are all the HWC high school honeys supposed to get in? This should be a pretty good time.
      Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Comment

im doimg sound at depaul this day so you will def be able to see both shows. HWC is headlining this show.
        < Total psycho

Comment

I wish it wasn't 18+.

Comment

So does one have to pay twice if you stay for both shows? Because that $10 door price for the early show is already kind of steep, in my opinion...
            Finish the book, George.

Comment

not sure but i think you could stay. well say youre in the band. if anyone asks, your name is ryan durkin.
              < Total psycho

Comment

One time I got ryan durkin pregnant.
                "Try craigslist. It's free and you might get an STD!"
                - michael

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Z
                  Spawning from the ashes of many now defunct Chicago hardcore bands, the noise/insane stylings are upon us with Hewhocorrupts.
                  hahahha....spawning from the ashes. i can't believe people still write stuff like that.
                  ...on weed

Comment

DUDES. IT WAS GREAT SEEING EVERYONE AT THIS.
                    Beware the mighty Septopus
                    What a dandy guy
                    He lives on top of the submarine
                    And he's always eating pies
                    He's always eating pies up there
                    And throwing festivals
                    He's the grandest guy in town
                    With seven testicles

Comment

AGREED.

I don't like being in a perfect square when I shi.t.

Comment

Sorry, guys: I was on a different planet.
                        Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Comment

the level of cock at this show was stupendous.

Comment

Couldn't complain.

I don't like being in a perfect square when I shi.t.

Comment

eh. seen it all before. ;)
                              You wanna know what I did to get in here? Nothing. I didn't have anything better to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X