Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005.06.19 - Bottom Lounge - Hub City Stompers(ex-Inspecter 7), Deals Gone Bad, more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005.06.19 - Bottom Lounge - Hub City Stompers(ex-Inspecter 7), Deals Gone Bad, more

Bottom Lounge
    Sunday June 19th, 5pm
    All Ages
    $8 adv, $10 door

Deals Gone Bad
    Hailing from Chicago, IL, DGB blends reggae, rocksteady, and ska music with American soul in a fiery brew all their own. DGB has been playing their unique brand of 50's and 60's Jamaican music for the past eleven years.
    www.myspace.com/dealsgonebad

Rude King
    Chicago based Rude King has been rocking out audiences since 2003. Their high energy performances and unbelievable ska beats have people coming back for more. Rude King manages to capture audiences with their combination of well thought out music and boot stomping ska rhythms. Rude King attributes their appeal to staying true to the danceable ska beats while introducing their trademark sound
    www.myspace.com/rudeking

Hub City Stompers
    Hub City Stompers hail from the "hub city" of New Brunswick, NJ. Formed in the summer of 2002 in the wasteland of the seemingly "dead" ska scene, and from the ashes of the infamous Inspecter 7, HCS quickly formed a force to be reckoned with in the New Jersey music scene. Embracing various styles and eras from the 60's through the 80's, and adding reggae, jazz, punk and even classical influences, they manage to avoid a typical, formulaic ska sound and steer clear of cliche poppy ska lyrics.
    www.myspace.com/hubcitystompers

Bomb Town
    Also hailing from NJ, Bomb Town combines ska, skinhead reggae, dancehall, Oi/Hardcore, and a love for graffitti and urban culture into a unique, powerful sound.
    www.myspace.com/bombtown

Fear City
    Fear City is a band from the south side of Chicago. They can be compared to early British Oi with a late 80's skinhead Oi/hardcore twist.
    www.myspace.com/fearcity

please support these two touring NJ bands as well as Chicago's finest in the genre. this is the perfect show for those not afraid to admit they still listen to ska, those who like a diverse show lineup, and those who like to get drunk, rowdy and have a good time.

Even though this lineup sounds repugnant, and despite minor mechanical errors, the author of these posts has a damned fine grasp on copywriting, persuasive advertising, and periodic sentence construction. However, this still sounds like a big barrel of suck.
    Finish the book, George.

Comment

what mechanical errors?

i basically copied and pasted the descriptions from the mpshows page, and tailored them slightly.

and thanks for your positivity. why don't you give the show a chance? you might be surprised. if you're not, come find me and i'll buy you a beer.

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha...I'm sorry, did you expect positivity from me? There's no need for me to give this show a chance to know I will find the music obnoxious and the fans moreso. I already have beer, but thanks for the offer.

As for mechanical errors:
        - Band name tenses are inconsistent (some are used as singulars, some as plurals)
        - "Chicago based," "high energy," "well thought out," and "boot stomping" should all be hyphenated
        - Abbreviated decades should include a leading apostrophe ('50's, '60's)
        - The last two sentences (presumably your inclusion) require capitalization at their beginnings
        Finish the book, George.

Comment

You forgot that ska sucks.
          “Agents are just for selling bad players. The big clubs come straight to me.”

Comment

damn, and i thought i was picky. now i realize you live up to your name. i think i at least spelled everything correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 X 1
              You forgot that ska sucks.
              Well, that's a logical error, not a mechanical one. But 9.9 out of 10 LBE members agree!
              Finish the book, George.

Comment

Working...
              X