2008.3.16 - Stare Decisis at Phyllis' Musical Inn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008.3.16 - Stare Decisis at Phyllis' Musical Inn

Hey everybody. I'm deejaying at Phyllis' this Sunday, and if you guys aren't too worn out from partying last weekend, you should come out and have some cheap drinks with me. Music starts at 9pm unless it starts earlier.
    Originally posted by xavii

I will not be in town but would like to come!
    Little White Earbuds: Hook up your ears

Comment

So as it turns out, this is starting at 8pm and has morphed into an opening of sorts for my friend Dave's photography. It is mostly going to be urban exploration type stuff: lots of shots of the west and south sides along with some shots of Gary and Detroit thrown in for good measure. I would post a link to Dave's photography, but he is pretty much a Luddite, and, accordingly, he has no work online. People should just come out to this.

Comment

Actually, a google search led me to a slide show of Dave's work. I think it was compiled by my friend Zack. Dave Rucins and the City

Comment

hey, i hope to make it out, tony.

urban exploration is kinda rad.
          The idea of a guilty pleasure has always seemed really silly to me.
          -Andrew WK

Comment

I hope to be there and drunk and get into a conversation with Dave where we're agreeing about things but somehow it feels like we're having an argument.
            Your girlfriend/boyfriend asks you if 'you wanna go? you wanna go' in a thick canadian accent. Explain your following actions in detail. I'd move around her slowly and surely, dropping my gloves and mask, reach in and pull her close, taking care to slide her sweater over her head all in one smooth motion. I'd soften her up with some blows to the head before I went to work on her midsection. I'm reckless with the way I land my hits. She'll go down first, but I'll go down longest.

Comment

Might be able to make it, my weekend is gradually morphing into a Lovecraftian nightmare of creeping dread and the cruel monsters that dwell just beneath humanity
              Beware the mighty Septopus
              What a dandy guy
              He lives on top of the submarine
              And he's always eating pies
              He's always eating pies up there
              And throwing festivals
              He's the grandest guy in town
              With seven testicles

Comment

Laundry day has come again, eh?
                “Agents are just for selling bad players. The big clubs come straight to me.”

Comment

The idea of a guilty pleasure has always seemed really silly to me.
                  -Andrew WK

Comment

I'm going to this (if I remember) because monday begins SPRING BREAK!
                    I collect spores, mold, and fungus.

Comment

Bastard. Ours doesn't start til next Friday.
                      Finish the book, George.

Comment

At least that means they give you good friday off in addition to the coming week, correct
                        I collect spores, mold, and fungus.

Comment

Indeed they do!
                          Finish the book, George.

Comment

My sister and brother-in-law might be coming to this with me.

Warning to all: do not talk about politics with my sister.
                            Your girlfriend/boyfriend asks you if 'you wanna go? you wanna go' in a thick canadian accent. Explain your following actions in detail. I'd move around her slowly and surely, dropping my gloves and mask, reach in and pull her close, taking care to slide her sweater over her head all in one smooth motion. I'd soften her up with some blows to the head before I went to work on her midsection. I'm reckless with the way I land my hits. She'll go down first, but I'll go down longest.

Comment

Wait, your army sister? Dude...
                              “Agents are just for selling bad players. The big clubs come straight to me.”

Comment

Working...
                              X