2008.04.22 - Subterranean - Disfear, Sweet Cobra, Yakuza, Trap Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave:

no matter how much I complain, I love all the shows you book and never want you to stop. ever. even when i'm 60. book shows. on tuesday. i'll get my nurse to drive me and my hoverchair there.

Comment

Dave, what time would you guess disfear will play by? I really hope its after 11pm cuz I may have to work till 11.
      < Total psycho

Comment

Show is now 17+ instead of 18+

Jay-I'll find out soon...

Comment

dave s., can you bring in psychic paramount and aluk todolo for a show?
          Originally posted by Brody Strellin
          its time to give my Life to the Lord for his safe handlingment

http://hissnlissn.com

Comment

Why don't you bring in Psychic Paramount and Aluk Todolo for a show?

Comment

never heard of a 17+ show.
              puppy dogs.

Comment

The city changed the cerfew laws last week. They lowered the age one year but they also lowered the time to 10:30 or 11. Not sure why...

It sucks that I can no longer go to this awesome show. I get out of work at 11pm so hopefully I can catch disfear. Friends, expect texts/IM asking if they played yet.
                < Total psycho

Comment

okay, thanks jay! kisses.
                  puppy dogs.

Comment

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1866207.php

Posted: Friday, 21 March 2008 8:38AM City Sets Earlier Curfew Hours For 17 And Under Bob Roberts Reporting

COMMENT ON THIS STORY* CHICAGO (WBBM) - Beginning Sunday night, teens in Chicago have to be home earlier.* Changes are being made in the city's curfew for those 17 and under.

The new curfew will be 11 p.m. Friday and Saturdays, and 10 p.m. other nights, half an hour earlier.* For some teens, that's a problem.* For 16-year-old Sharonda Farley, the earlier curfew is part of the solution.

"It won't make a big difference but you've got to start somewhere," she said.* "So why not start from half an hour?"

Farley said she hangs with a "good crowd," and, like police, said some of those who stay out past curfew are not so nice.

"It's going to show that we are trying to get people off of the street," she said.*

In that respect, Farley also sounds much the same as Mayor Daley, who said when proposing the change in a January news conference at Hirsch High School that opponents don't have the best interests of Chicago and its teens at heart.

"I know many people may not appreciate our curfew -- especially the gangbangers, the drug dealers and the thugs who use our children as shields for their illegal operations," Daley said.*

The mayor said he has a simple goal.

"If we can take even one child out of harm's way by taking this step, it will be worth it," he said.* "When children are off the streets, they're safer from violence."*

Daley said the record shows that the curfew works.* He said statistics keep by the Chicago Police Department show that in 2006 there were 398 fewer children and teenagers who became victims of crime.*

The change in curfew times also coincides with a spate of violence directed at teens, although much of it has occurred earlier in the day.

At a news conference Thursday, Chicago Board of Education President Refus Williams said he finds it unfortunate but considers the change necessary.

"I didn't want to go to another rally.* I didn't want to go to another funeral.* I don't want to go to another memorial service, but here we are," he said.*

Williams said he considers violence targeting teens, and committed by teens, to be a big problem.

"There is no one solution.* We must all take it head-on.* The curfew is to help keep children off the street...at times when we know harm can come to them," he said.*

Deputy Police Supt. Beatrice Coello said she agreed -- and said it's up to parents to warn children about the change and enforce it.

"Know where your children are and remind them about the curfew law and the dangers of being in the wrong place at the wrong time," she said.

Farley said she won't challenge the law, but expects to hear about it at home.

"Yeah, Mom will say something," she said.*

She said she hopes her mother is not the only one .
                    Last edited by Jay Z; 04-09-2008, 09:52 PM. Reason: bad copy/paste technique
                    < Total psycho

Comment

Show one week from today!

---Awesome-don't know those bands...

Comment

Disfear tomorrow!

Comment

im ultra bummed to miss this. if disfear starts after 11pm will someone please call me or IM me and tell me i can still come?!
                          < Total psycho

Comment

Tonight!

Comment

Working...
                            X