Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007.11.5 Scott Kelly (Neurosis), KLloyd, Unfortunaut - Cobra Lounge - FREE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007.11.5 Scott Kelly (Neurosis), KLloyd, Unfortunaut - Cobra Lounge - FREE!

Scott Kelly (Neurosis)
    KLloyd (BUZZ OV*EN)
    Unfortunaut

FREE SHOW!
    Monday, Nov 5th
    Cobra Lounge
    235 N Ashland

awesome
    ...on weed

Comment

i saw him last time around and i'll be seeing neurosis the night before. i think i'll pass probably.
      puppy dogs.

Comment

Aw, c'mon Mr Ripper. Its FREE! with Unfortunaut! at 9:30!

Comment

i'm usually in bed at 9:30.
          puppy dogs.

Comment

so what is scott kelly doing at this thing? i heard he's doing a dj set or something?

i really want to go to this, but i'm on like 4 hours of sleep after neurosis last night, and would like to catch up on sleep tonight.
            ...on weed

Comment

don't know, he played as blood and time when saw him.

and neurosis was awesome last night.
              puppy dogs.

Comment

can someone give me a run down on why it was awesome? i'm just curious as to the shade of people's ruby colored glasses.

Comment

I believe Scott is doing a solo set.

Neurosis was awesome because they write very good songs and then performed said songs very well. Also, it was very heavy and very loud, I think that contributed to it being awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by xavii View Post
                    can someone give me a run down on why it was awesome? i'm just curious as to the shade of people's ruby colored glasses.

Last night was about the 7th time I've seen Neurosis live. It ranks up in the top 3 for me. (Nothing beats the first time I saw them, opening for Gwar when I was in high school) It might have been the fact that they haven't played Chicago in years, and I haven't been able to fly out and see them one of the few times that actually still play these days. I also haven't listened to the new album yet, so I'm guessing hearing some of that stuff for the first time played a part in it as well. The projection stuff they were running was the best I've seen from them so far.
                    I love Minsk. That said it wasn't the best I've seen them. It could have been the sound or maybe it was the fact I was standing all the way in the back when they played. Either way I agree with everyone who said the show was Awesome. Totally worth the not getting any sleep last night and having to work a long day today. It sucks that I'll miss this show tonight.
                    Oh... And seeing you on the way out Bob...totally awesome.

Comment

haha...hell yeah, dude...

giving bob a high five on your way out of anything is awesome. i got one...and kept it.

i was on the balcony for minsk and couldn't hear anything but a low drone and roto toms.

that was my first time seeing neurosis live. i thought they sounded pretty good for such a shitty venue.

i really like the new songs but was hoping for more oldies. when they played "the doorway" i almost shit.

wait, i think i did shit a little.
                      ...on weed

Comment

i was standing right in the middle. the venue only sounds okay when it's packed. minsk sounded rad there. i fucking hate bruce lamont. anytime he plays i just think of homer going 'sax-a-ma-phone' but all metally.

neurosis is definately the total package. audio/visuals/awesomeness. i thought some of the transitions were sloppy but otherwise sounded really good.

-so many beards.
                        -3 face tattoos were 3 too many.
                        -watching everyone leave was awesome.
                        -so many people being too stoned or too overwhelmed on the way out.

Comment

where was the show?

aaron
                          my brother and i bought our mom a Metallica "Metal Up Your Ass Shirt" for her birthday (or easter) when we were like 12. she literally started crying at what her sons had become, then she proceeded to cut the shirt up right in front of us. it was brilliant and sad.

thank you abbas and pat.

Comment

neurosis is the only band that i've seen sound good at logan square...well besides sunn i guess.

minsk was boring as fuck that night, but i usually like them.
                            puppy dogs.

Comment

the sound definately has to do with the amount of people. when there is no one there is sounds like poop. when it's packed it sounds fine. sunn, neurosis and explosions in the sky were the only good shows i've seen there.

Comment

Working...
                              X