• 2004.04.23 - Bottom Lounge

No Choice
    Fuel The Fire
    Planes Mistaken for Stars
    Against Me!

Doors: 6- Show: 6:30
    $7
    Don't hate. Regulate.

I'll only go if Planes Mistaken for Stars are still not wearing shirts and if they still have super long and greasy hair.
    "I mean, I got scruples with genocide, but get a few beers in me, and hey, who knows..." -Wendell

////Running Downhill

Comment

Wilsak, you need to get the Bill mobile for this.

Comment

bummer!
        "if you presented me with a dead body....i WOULD f.uck it." -Nick Donahue

Comment

Some of my friends back home went to go see Against Me a few nights ago and said how |f*cking| awesome they were. Played mostly old stuff, and said "this was definitely the win back the kids tour." ..SO hopefully they'll lay off the Eternal Cowboy tracks, and stick with stuff before it. I'm psyched to see 'em again.

Comment

Against Me! is the new teen craze!!!!!
            Don't hate. Regulate.

Comment

wilsak, are you going to this?

if you are drive me.
              pwn3d: When one nerd claims superiority over another.

Comment

Some of my friends back home went to go see Against Me a few nights ago and said how |f*cking| awesome they were. Played mostly old stuff, and said "this was definitely the win back the kids tour." ..SO hopefully they'll lay off the Eternal Cowboy tracks, and stick with stuff before it. I'm psyched to see 'em again.

i'm kind of tired of how it's "cool" not to like the new against me! lp. i'm not saying this is you, but within the diy community there is way too much unjustified |ish| talked about the new record. i saw them about 2 weeks ago and interviewed them after the show, here's an excerpt from tom:

"first off, it (the recording of the new record) was done all analog, not digital. it was done in a very nice studio, yeah, that’s true, but there’s nothing wrong with that. there’s something to be said, like some of my favorite records sound like |ish|, like my all time favorite records were horribly recorded, but they still capture that energy that makes them enjoyable. BUT, if you’re striving for something to sound like |ish|, and you could make it sound good, that’s kind of pretentious, you know. anybody who spends their time playing in a band and puts their heart and soul into what’s their recording to sound good. if you write a book you want it to be published and look good. there’s nothing wrong with that."

the songs on the new record are just as good as the first lp and 7 inches if not better. win back the kids? yeah right.

Comment

Working...
                X