Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03.24.04 - Toshi, George Lynch, Yngwie @ Joe's

http://www.toshiiseda.com/main.cfm

Toshi will be on the main stage opening for George Lynch and Yngwie Malmsteen on the 'Guitar Gods 2004 Tour'. Toshi's stellar band will be Andy DeLuca on bass and Tom Murray on drums.

Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2004
    Address: 940 W. Weed Str., Chicago, IL 60622
    Phone #: (312) 337-3486
    Doors: 9:00pm
    Tickets: $27.50
    (Concert)

Ouch. On second thought, for $27.50 i'm not going to this, but if someone can get on a list and has a +1, I'll buy you dinner, so long as it's less than $27.50.
    Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

i was thinking about going to this.

couple of things though

it's 30 bucks

and

from the ticketmaster site (www.ticketmaster.com/venue/32917)

All patrons must be 21 years of age or older with photo identification to enter Joe's. Patrons are not allowed to wear sports attire or gym shoes.

i don't have any shoes but gym shoes.

Comment

I'd never thought I'd see the day that Yngwie Malmsteen had a dress code for his show. What a |f*cking| sellout.
      YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THE DANGER!
      WORKER/PARASITE

Comment

ahahahahah. i didn't read that.

yngwie also got booed off stage for his stupid 9-11 rant out in Brazil a while ago...did you hear about this?
        Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

Comment

damnit. i love yngwie and george, and im not |f*cking| 21. and i dont wanna spend 30 bucks. how come all the awesome guitar dudes that come to town play 21 + shows at dumb places. joe stump came in november and i had to miss it cuz it was at a |f*cking| bar.

Comment

The reason all of these guitar guys play in bars is because no respectable venue will let them play there.
            WORKER/PARASITE

Comment

from the site:

Toshi's show at Joe's cancelled. March 17, 2004

Toshi's previously scheduled performance at Joe's on March 24th, 2004 has been cancelled. Refunds are available at point of purchase.
              :jagoff:werty.net or werty.biz

Comment

haha.

most fans of guitar virtuosity are older than you, pete. it affirms my theory that musicians don't learn to play instruments anymore. they just listen to 5 bands and copy them. and obviously this is not to say musicianship = songwriting. |f*ck| that. misfits over satriani any day every day. but pete, you're a dying breed. keep it alive, man.

Comment

I agree with Abbas. I would never refer to myself as a "musician," because I feel that's disrespectful to people who put in time and effort to actually learn how to play properly. As such, I'm not a "bassist" or "drummer" or "guitarist," I'm a kid who plays bass in one band, drums in another, and guitar in a third.
                  WORKER/PARASITE

Comment

amen. i have never nor will i ever claim to be a "musician" or a "guitarist". well, i kinda consider myself a "drummer" cause i can hold my own, but not like real drummers who took lessons. i just like playing and will always play to my liking...i just miss the days when i could pick up a record that had 80000000 things i'd never heard before. part of this is growing old and bitter about music, but i legitimately feel part of it is lack of innovation in the music marketplace.

as such, i've been looking to find GOOD sorts of electronic music and haven't a clue where to start. well, i have a slight clue, but no funds to search through a million cd's for the 5 that i really like.

Comment

Canceled! Oh man, I wanted to go to Toshi to get some power converters!
                      Alright give em the stick, DON'T GIVE EM THE STICK!

Comment

Working...
                      X