Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to 2001. Show postings aren't moderated anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 X 1
    replied
    75% of girls at Bowling Green have the HPV.

Leave a comment:

• Hazel
    replied
    Well thank god you told us.

Leave a comment:

• emily k
    replied
    Oh, totally missed this. I need to get better about checking the board. But I'm still going to move past shows and format titles anyway. Gives me something to do.

Leave a comment:

• abbas
    replied
    Schizowave was amazing, and if band bios were really as good as "x-Crust Filth sounds like Hatebreed sexoring Hole in a disco while T. Rex watches!!!!", show listings might actually be fun to read.

Leave a comment:

• xavii
    replied
    i'm a fan of how electronics can take insane concepts like a merge sort and dumb it down so a nascar fan can appreciate it.

'50 million, that like a hundred deal or no deals in MINUTES.'

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I like merge sort. It helped me get through 50 million big numbers in mere minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Jimbo
    replied
    I like bubble sorts the best.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by snakesnakington View Post
    why not just change the date organizing format to MM-DD-YYYY like every other place in the US? As long as bands lead with that, it should still be okay
    that doesn't sort well.

Leave a comment:

• michael
    replied
    SORTING, FRIEND... SORTING

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Cosmos
    replied
    Every other place in the US is retarded.

Leave a comment:

• snakesnakington
    replied
    why not just change the date organizing format to MM-DD-YYYY like every other place in the US? As long as bands lead with that, it should still be okay

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Cosmos
    replied
    I don't see it the same way, then.

Partially because shows listings are out-of-sight, out-of-mind for me.

But I think the major thing is that I half-expect to see "ex-Crust Filth sounds like Hatebreed sexoring Hole in a disco while T. Rex watches!!!!" on flyers, anyways, so seeing it on the messageboard is basically the same.

I definitely like it when bands post MySpace links so that I can hear them.

Leave a comment:

• Hazel
    replied
    I'm all for the 1-to-2 sentence band description and a myspace link thrown in, that's fine. But some of these bands (Schizowave), usually ones that aren't posted by regulars on here, attempt to use the Shows section like a press release forum, and that to me is just tacky.

The way I look at it, if people come on here to advertise a show, that's one thing. If they come here to advertise their band in the guise of a show listing, that's just a blatant marketing ploy that belongs in the street team section.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Cosmos
    replied
    I see where you're coming from, but it's a forum for the free posting of shows - and some people, who aren't jaded curmudgeons like we are, may actually find such information useful (they're crazy).

I just don't see a non-spiteful reason to edit down a properly-posted shows listing, no matter how obnoxious. Unless you were doing so to insert pictures of the Insane Clown Posse. Or emo cows (see Andrea's avatar).

Leave a comment:

• Hazel
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Cosmos View Post
    You're not really supposed to be removing the band descriptions. That's a lousy thing to do, given that you don't have to read it in the first place.
    I'm not "supposed" to? Was there some sort of rulebook I wasn't given?

Moderation is also there to make sure people don't do retarded shit. You can think it's lousy if you want; I think it's lousy to take advantage of free advertising by posting a 1,200-word band bio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X