Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to 2001. Show postings aren't moderated anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see where you're coming from, but it's a forum for the free posting of shows - and some people, who aren't jaded curmudgeons like we are, may actually find such information useful (they're crazy).

I just don't see a non-spiteful reason to edit down a properly-posted shows listing, no matter how obnoxious. Unless you were doing so to insert pictures of the Insane Clown Posse. Or emo cows (see Andrea's avatar).
    Beware the mighty Septopus
    What a dandy guy
    He lives on top of the submarine
    And he's always eating pies
    He's always eating pies up there
    And throwing festivals
    He's the grandest guy in town
    With seven testicles

Comment

I'm all for the 1-to-2 sentence band description and a myspace link thrown in, that's fine. But some of these bands (Schizowave), usually ones that aren't posted by regulars on here, attempt to use the Shows section like a press release forum, and that to me is just tacky.

The way I look at it, if people come on here to advertise a show, that's one thing. If they come here to advertise their band in the guise of a show listing, that's just a blatant marketing ploy that belongs in the street team section.
      Finish the book, George.

Comment

I don't see it the same way, then.

Partially because shows listings are out-of-sight, out-of-mind for me.

But I think the major thing is that I half-expect to see "ex-Crust Filth sounds like Hatebreed sexoring Hole in a disco while T. Rex watches!!!!" on flyers, anyways, so seeing it on the messageboard is basically the same.

I definitely like it when bands post MySpace links so that I can hear them.
        What a dandy guy
        And throwing festivals
        With seven testicles

Comment

why not just change the date organizing format to MM-DD-YYYY like every other place in the US? As long as bands lead with that, it should still be okay

Comment

Every other place in the US is retarded.
            What a dandy guy
            And throwing festivals
            With seven testicles

Comment

SORTING, FRIEND... SORTING
              with something as stupid as the internet around who the hell needs a job..

Comment

Originally posted by snakesnakington View Post
                why not just change the date organizing format to MM-DD-YYYY like every other place in the US? As long as bands lead with that, it should still be okay
                that doesn't sort well.

Comment

I like bubble sorts the best.
                  "Try craigslist. It's free and you might get an STD!"
                  - michael

Comment

I like merge sort. It helped me get through 50 million big numbers in mere minutes.

Comment

i'm a fan of how electronics can take insane concepts like a merge sort and dumb it down so a nascar fan can appreciate it.

'50 million, that like a hundred deal or no deals in MINUTES.'

Comment

Schizowave was amazing, and if band bios were really as good as "x-Crust Filth sounds like Hatebreed sexoring Hole in a disco while T. Rex watches!!!!", show listings might actually be fun to read.
                        Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

Comment

Oh, totally missed this. I need to get better about checking the board. But I'm still going to move past shows and format titles anyway. Gives me something to do.
                          sweet.

Comment

Well thank god you told us.
                            Finish the book, George.

Comment

75% of girls at Bowling Green have the HPV.
                              “Agents are just for selling bad players. The big clubs come straight to me.”

Comment

Working...
                              X