Clear All

• 03.06.04 - The Candlestick Maker

Saturday, March 6, 2004 - 9:00 PM
    DON MALONE (aka LoneMonad) - electronics
    STEVEN SIMMS (aka VJ.618) - projections

"o" is live, interactive, heuristic musing in real-time around a central
    theme. The video is generated with an application written by Stephen Simms
    in MAX/Jitter. The music is generated with an application written by Don
    Malone in MAX/MSP. The two applications communicate interactively via MIDI.

The Candlestick Maker
    4432 N. KEDZIE AVE. (Just north of Montrose. Kedzie stop on the Brown Line, 3
    blks. south.) {The sign above the door reads "PERFECT rubber stamps"}

773-463-0158
    Chicago

ALL AGES! WELCOME
    ALL CONCERT $10 OR PAY WHAT YOU CAN!
    Originally posted by xavii

What's with the price for this place? I understand that it's or what you can. But 10 dollars reccomended?
    i love mac n cheese i cant get too mcuch cheddar

Comment

that max/msp/jitter business is pretty neat. there's a class on it at my school which i think i might take.
      "We must see our rituals for what they are: completely arbitrary things; tired of games and irony, it is good to be dirty and bearded, to have long hair, to look like a girl when one is a boy (and vice versa); one must put "in play", show up, transform, and reverse the systems which quietly order us about."

-M. Foucault

Comment

Originally posted by torturedemonhellride@Mar 6 2004, 01:11 PM
        What's with the price for this place? I understand that it's or what you can. But 10 dollars reccomended?
        yes, ten recommended, but we understand that people are broke too. besides a small room rental fee to keep up on the rent and what not, all the money from the door is given to the performers.

Comment

I was just pointing htat out because I usually feel like a douchebag when I don't pay the reccommended price at these type of things. Though I probably would have 10 dollars I don't know if I'd want to pay that much if you know what I mean. It just seems a little excessive.
          i love mac n cheese i cant get too mcuch cheddar

Comment

Nobody should feel like a |a-hole| because they don't pay the full ten. The point is to get people to the show so that there are not just three people in the audience, ya dig?

Comment

Working...
            X