Awesome Empty Bottle Shows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Empty Bottle Shows...

march 24th...khanate (the slowest and heaviest band ever?)

april 25th...murs and the perceptionists (mr. lif and akrobatik)

may 21st (hopefully)...MF DOOM

matt hord, get ready.

hahahaha
    murs was so good live last time. im psyched
    ben phillips

Comment

Have you heard any of the Madvillain stuff that MF Doom is doing with Madlib? It's totally awesome.
      YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THE DANGER!
      WORKER/PARASITE

Comment

'jaylib' disappointed me a lot production wise... how are the beats on that?
        ben phillips

Comment

Originally posted by matt hord@Mar 5 2004, 12:35 PM
          'jaylib' disappointed me a lot production wise... how are the beats on that?
          You are a crazy man.

The track with Frank n' Dank as well as "Lapdance" have two of the hottest beats ever of all time.

WE ARE IN THIS MOTHER|f*ck|ER.

Madvillian is similarly dirty, sort of weird beats. They're excellent.
          Beware the mighty Septopus
          What a dandy guy
          He lives on top of the submarine
          And he's always eating pies
          He's always eating pies up there
          And throwing festivals
          He's the grandest guy in town
          With seven testicles

Comment

BOOOORING
            ben phillips

Comment

Hoffa, you planning on going to Khanate?
              Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

Comment

that's funny, because i didn't really like the rhyming on jaylib, but liked most of the beats.

madlib is easily my favorite producer on the planet right now, and he has been for probably the last three years. i think there are only a small handful of beats that i've heard by him that i don't care for. for someone who's as obscenely prolific as he is, i'm astonished that he's maintained such a high level of quality over the years.

i guess you either like his stuff or you don't. i know plenty of people in both camps. i'll take a dirty-ass madlib beat over a neptunes beat or timbaland beat or kanye west beat or whatever else seems to be popular now any day of the week.

the real question is whether or not people are going to see sixtoo at the metro on march 21st.
                WORKER/PARASITE

Comment

sixtoo is def a sick producer... im pretty sure that show is sold out. plus he's opening which means hes going to get stuck with like a 15-25 min set
                  ben phillips

Comment

I don't mind him opening, because I'm also stoked about seeing Kid Koala, who absolutely killed the last time I saw him.
                    WORKER/PARASITE

Comment

march 24th...khanate - I should be at this
                      :jagoff:werty.net or werty.biz

Comment

oh |ish| that's tonight. i'm probably not going then. damn...tell me if how it was.
                        Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

Comment

please tell me someone else from here was there. good times.

kevin drumm = noise on a mac. with a giant ass smoke machine

white light = really expensive equipment to make drones.

khanate = amazingly slow. 3 sunn heads into 3 sunn halfstacks making this insane square of JUN's. singers echo box was amazing and hilarious. james plotkin's ipod on a stool for backing tracks was a great touch. oh did i mention a |f*cking| GONG.

yeah. i had a good time.

Comment

Working...
                          X