• 2006.09.14 - Wise Fools Pub - Team RD, Rhombus, Herbert Wiser Band

Thursday, September 14, 2006
    Wise Fools Pub
    2270 N. Lincoln Ave.
    Chicago, IL 60614

Team RD 9:00PM
    Rhombus 10:00PM
    Herbert Wiser Band 11:15PM

Rhombus: Nearing jam-band territory while effectively channeling jazz, rock, reggae, bluegrass, metal, electronica, folk, classical, latin, urban, funk, fusion, progressive, soul, ethnic, orchestral, and a plethora of other influences at any given moment, Rhombus gives listeners a night full of catchy originals mixed with tasteful covers, hard hitting grooves and 3 part harmonies interspersed with improvisation.

$5/cover

Drink Specials:
    $4 20z bass
    $7 double vodka red bulls

Directions:
    http://www.wisefoolspub.com/directions.html

Samples from our new EP are available at www.myspace.com/rhomband

This sounds like the band that plays in my own personal hell.
    Finish the book, George.

Comment

how can you fit all those influences into one band?

the answer is not a circle, not a triangle, NO: RHOMBUS!

Comment

Exactly!

There are two samples available here if you are interested.

We are definitely musical gluttons and like to throw in the kitchen sink to see what happens. Also the ADD is pretty rampant so its nice to be able to switch up sounds frequently to keep it interesting for us!

Enjoy!

Comment

I once saw a band named Trapezoid at a house party in Urbana. They were a bunch of hippies that played the same chord progression for 15 minutes because they were "jamming."

Is there any connection between the hippies in Rhombus with the hippies in Trapezoid?

My jam band, Pyramidal Frustrum, takes quadrilateral hippie jamming to the next dimension.

I hate life.
          with something as stupid as the internet around who the hell needs a job..

Comment

No connection. We're not the kind of band that drones on endlessly. We work really hard to keep the solos short and interesting. The songs themselves are fairly long (avg. about 6-7 minutes), but we have a lot of sectional material to keep it fresh. Above all, we make a concious effort to make the songs groovable and musical regarless if we are playing in 6+5/8 or 4 4.

Comment

which mod approved this thread? Please remember to correct the title when approving, otherwise it fucks up the RSS feed.

Comment

I did. I neglected to take note of the spacing. I was at work and clearly had spaced out. Sorry!
                Beware the mighty Septopus
                What a dandy guy
                He lives on top of the submarine
                And he's always eating pies
                He's always eating pies up there
                And throwing festivals
                He's the grandest guy in town
                With seven testicles

Comment

jam bands give me diarrhea in my ears.

Comment

Ooh ooh, this is an example of my favorite, jam-band term: amalgamation!
                    “Agents are just for selling bad players. The big clubs come straight to me.”

Comment

Working...
                    X