Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006.08.19 - the waiting room - benefit show/20th anniversary of REIGN IN BLOOD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006.08.19 - the waiting room - benefit show/20th anniversary of REIGN IN BLOOD!!!

hey. so i've put together a benefit show for the american refugee committee (archq.org). here's the info:

saturday, august 19th
    at the waiting room: 7016 n. glenwood in chicago
    doors around probably like 6 pm, music a little later
    i imagine it'll be about $6 or 7 dollars

bands:
    plague bringer (metal on seventh rule: www.plaguebringer.com)
    angel eyes (our sorry asses: www.myspace.com/angeleyes)
    locrian (ex-hexacron: www.myspace.com/thelocrian)
    and REBORN (this is abbas and todd nief and some other dudes who have gotten together to cover reign in blood straight through to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its release. i'm not kidding. please witness this).

so yeah. come. yell SLAYER a lot. sing along to that part in altar of sacrifice that goes "SATAN, SATAN, SATAN, SATAN" and support refugees the world over. what more could you want for an end of the summer show?
    hey, you want to buy my chili? - luke v.

Slayer are headlining, right?
    Beware the mighty Septopus
    What a dandy guy
    He lives on top of the submarine
    And he's always eating pies
    He's always eating pies up there
    And throwing festivals
    He's the grandest guy in town
    With seven testicles

Comment

why isnt chicago thrash ensemble playing this show?

edit: zack wont be in town...thats why. woops.

Comment

Those locrian tracks are kinda awful sounding.
        Finish the book, George.

Comment

I tried to reach Chicago Thrash Ensemble.

I will always be eternally thankful to Todd for setting this up.
          Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

Comment

Abbas, thanks for the thought despite the fact that we couldn't have done it anyway as it turns out.
            Likes gigantic rambling paragraphs.

Comment

Large Flyer Here
              Small Flyer Here

Comment

this is the same day as enforsakens last show, wtf
                "we have a serious dragon problem, bring your sword."

Comment

Originally posted by ugene
                  this is the same day as enforsakens last show, wtf
                  yeah. sorry man. i had this date worked out long before i knew about that show. i had to move it once already to keep it from competing with another show. i don't think it should be too huge of a problem, however. i can't imagine that there's a whole lot of people out there saying "hmmm... the killer and dead to fall, or plague bringer and angel eyes... I LIKE THEM ALL EQUALLY!"

big city + lots of shows x it's the summer = this kind of thing happens. it sucks.

Comment

i cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by toddd
                      . i can't imagine that there's a whole lot of people out there saying "hmmm... the killer and dead to fall, or plague bringer and angel eyes... I LIKE THEM ALL EQUALLY!"

big city + lots of shows x it's the summer = this kind of thing happens. it sucks.

im saying it toddd, im saying it.
                      "we have a serious dragon problem, bring your sword."

Comment

Does anyone know what time this will end? I'm hoping to catch atleast a little bit of it after the show that night at the metro.

Comment

YES! I remember back two years ago when Abbas came up with this idea on a thread... unlike most people, he actually followed through on an awesome idea.

This is a show I'm definitely going to actually force myself to get off my ass and make it out to. Great bands, great cause... plus I missed Slayer when they came around earlier this summer. Everyone wins!

~Steve
                          My signature know only consists of quotes from LBE members because I suck at life:

"Indie rock hair and fashion sense are the result of a million terrible ideas gangbanging, without protection, in the minds of easily-influenced nar nars." - Jose

"Masturbation is more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle." - Jimbo

"Pat ******* is a social construct"- Todd Knife

Comment

for the record, my own record for following through with projects is not so good, and this show itself is happening thanks to Todd.

I have some favors to ask for this show:

If anyone has access to an LCD projector, we're thinking of hooking up a laptop w/lyrics so everyone can join in karaoke style. either that or we can photocopy the lyrics and use a light projector.

if anyone has a DAT recorder & could record the show, that would also be wonderful. i can supply the DATs for each band.
                            Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

Comment

i'm just going to be honest with you abbas...

no lyrics will be required.

Comment

Working...
                              X