Clear All

• 02.13.04 @ Double Door...metal!

oh boy!

double door
    friday the 13th

nausea LA (singer from terrorizer)

and, in their first show EVER.........

VENEMOUS CONCEPT
    (buzz from the melvins, shane embry and some other guy from napalm death, and kevin sharp of brutal truth)

|f*ck| yeah. they recorded in chicago, and i guess kevin sharp lives here now. crazy. good thing i work right near double door and get the scoop. i pass along the savings to YOU.

hey, are you going? sounds pretty cool, although i don't recall Nausea being anything to write home about, even back in the day. Still would be cool to see 'em...i'd like to go if someone will come with.
    Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

Comment

Hoffa -
      Do you know what the deal is with Nausea? They toured over the summer and if I'm not mistaken it was without the original singer. (I'm not sure cuz I didn't go) either way I'd probablly be down for going to this. Drop me a line, maybe I'll see you there. - John

Comment

abbas, john,

i'm going to this for sure, provided it doesn't sell out or i can't weasel my way in for free through reckless. BUT, i'll let you know when i get a ticket or whatever. I've never heard this nausea, but they have the singer from terrorizer, so i can get excited and then be disappointed. also, i don't know if i relayed this or not, but some guy came into reckless and bought some obituary cd or something. we chatted it up about the pros of obituary and he was like:

"finally! a metalhead behind the counter at reckless!"

ah, yes...12 years of metal training and finally a payoff. woop!

Comment

i need correct identification for this.
          Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Comment

i can understand his excitement. it's hard to find a metal person with half a brain.

nausea was oscar garcia's band prior to terrorizer...there's all these old bands coming out of the woodworks lately. suffocation original lineup (well, minus Cerrito) is apparently out and about. although it's METAL and all, it's just not the same.
            Why the fuck should I have to remember "Level 3, Presence 10, Gain 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and fuck with my shit? - Rip Glitter

Comment

Nausea was also a NYC crust punk band with a girl singer.

Comment

Originally posted by xtomx@Feb 8 2004, 01:36 PM
                yeah, dude! that's why this is "nausea LA."

word.

as far as suffocation goes, i almsot saw them once with 7000 dying rats, but they canceled because of a death in the family so macabre played instead (also, they did "white hen decapitator" that night with kevin sharp, i believe). in any event, i've never seen suffocation, and seeing them with morbid angel would be rad. what other bands are coming out of the woodworks? they should just beat up david vincent and do a terrorizer reunion. |f*ck|ers.

Comment

Originally posted by xtomx@Feb 8 2004, 01:36 PM
                  this is a different Nausea playing. This is the metal Nausea....2 different bands. I was confused/ excited for a min there.

Comment

i don't know if i can afford to go to this tomorrow. i hate myself.

Comment

Don't feel to bad Hoffa. I have a fever, and a soar throat...possibly strep! This is one of the few shows I've been excited about, and I'll probablly miss it!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X