angel eyes/hunters/hallux @ ronnies 10/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angel eyes/hunters/hallux @ ronnies 10/23

Hunters (http://www.huntersmetal.com/blog/)
    Hallux (http://www.myspace.com/halluxmusic)
    Angel Eyes (that's us)
    Probably one more

2101 N. California
    Chicago, IL

...on weed

guys...show got moved to 2200 n california.

tell the doorguy you're from lbe and you get in free
    ...on weed

Comment

Yeah I heard that Ronny's got raided the other night. They didn't have any proper licenses for anything, and apparently the police station across the street didn't care for a couple years until someone complained or something.

How was PANCHO'S? Were there a lot of people there confused as to why they couldn't sing Mexican karaoke ballads?
      "Unfortunately, it appears that we were erroneous in this analysis as well," he added. "Even minor fender-benders seem to cause motorists wearing neckbelts to have their entire heads forcibly ripped from their torsos, landing in the front seat to the shocked screams of terrified onlookers."

Comment

LASERS

Good show, though!

Comment

thats a weird story....

eddie: wa happan?
          < Total psycho

Comment

I wasnt there, but the cops showed up friday night and ticketed the venue. They didn't have a liscene to do live music, nor did they persue one at any point. Obviously im super bummed.

Comment

http://keep-it-like-a-secret.blogspo...onnys-was.html

Supporters/detractors aside, it's one less place to catch a show in the city, which is unfortunate any way you slice it. I'd be super jazzed if Pancho's picked up the slack full time, but that's probably unlikely.

Comment

I've eaten at PANCHO CAFETERIA aka PANCHO RESTAURANT depending upon which part of the sign you look at, which is next door to PANCHO'S BAR. One time I was sitting outside, eating a jibarito with a couple friends, and some guy walked up yelling "I'M GONNA KILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS!" His name was King David, and he was going to start a religious baseball team named "The Jesus Christs." After my friend Mark gave him the 37 cents he had in his pocket, King David decided to take our advice and not kill the motherfuckers, because Jesus wouldn't like that. He was a pretty cool guy.

I've often wondered if that place was actually three different places owned by three unrelated guys named Pancho, or if they just got a three-for-the-price-of-one on signs.

In summation, it's sad when a place goes away, but another one pops up soon enough. It's always the way things go. Maybe you guys can start booking at Cole's, skulldug. The owner's in a little over his head in that regard I think. Oh wait, was that the guy who complained about the performance licenses? Not sure who else nearby has shows very regularly.
                "Unfortunately, it appears that we were erroneous in this analysis as well," he added. "Even minor fender-benders seem to cause motorists wearing neckbelts to have their entire heads forcibly ripped from their torsos, landing in the front seat to the shocked screams of terrified onlookers."

Comment

Todd-

On the topic of unlicensed venues, what'd you guys (I guess Rich?) end up doing with the URY sound/lighting/stage stuff? Any plans to move that to a different basement, or did that all end up being a bad idea/too much of a hassle in the long run?

Comment

Really bummed I missed this show. Stupid nephew being stupid born out in stupid St. Charles on my stupid birthday.

And it's a bummer about Ronny's. It wasn't the Ritz, but a lot of hard work was put into that place. Good luck on the next spot, Eddie.
                    "One time, Brian brought a parade of juggalos to the Sportsplex like the Pied Piper" -Cosmos
                    "Smallen up that ballsack you web-cocked fuck" -Cary

Comment

Thanks Brian. Yeah, were gonna really try and push panchos hard. i think it will be good but could take some time.

Comment

smoke machines and lasers are rad, although a bit disorienting - good thing i only have to twist knobs. the room at panchos sounded surprisingly good. i could probably be convinced to play there again without much coercing.

Comment

Originally posted by wendell View Post
                          Todd-

On the topic of unlicensed venues, what'd you guys (I guess Rich?) end up doing with the URY sound/lighting/stage stuff? Any plans to move that to a different basement, or did that all end up being a bad idea/too much of a hassle in the long run?
                          That PA's been sitting in our rehearsal space, only used for the two EA forums BBQs that have happened this year (the one in June and the one a couple weeks ago). Rich was the sound guy for both of those--he also ran sound at Quenchers this past time, and I've never heard that room sound so good. He's getting really good at it.

Not sure about Rich, but Mark has talked a few times about waiting for the right place/opportunity to start booking bands somewhere. Not that Rich wouldn't be involved, but Mark's kind of the big picture guy, and Rich is more of the "get shit done" guy. Plus I told them whatever they do next, I'd pitch in where I could too. Nothing has really popped up yet though. I think Mark is looking for something a bit more legit this go-round. I know his ears pricked up when the Mopery quit doing shows--like he was wondering if it was possible to use that space for a more legit venue. But I don't think he pursued anything.

Mark's also talked about just trying to find a rotating series of spaces where he can do his thing, and where we can just bring the PA. It's surprisingly mobile.

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                            ...on weed

Comment

That video kinda reminds me of that one episode of ALF where he tries to help Willy make a music video for his wife as an anniversary present. Except, with a better song than that "Happy Anniversary Baby" song by Little River Band.

Comment

Working...
                              X