Shellac
    Jay Pritzker Pavilion
    Millennium Park
    Chicago
    Monday, Aug 10, 2009
    7:30PM
    free

What in the butt? Awesome.
    "Unfortunately, it appears that we were erroneous in this analysis as well," he added. "Even minor fender-benders seem to cause motorists wearing neckbelts to have their entire heads forcibly ripped from their torsos, landing in the front seat to the shocked screams of terrified onlookers."

shellac once refused to go on stage at fireside until someone got them heroin.
    < Total psycho

Comment

Fuck yes.

Comment

nevermind
        Last edited by ef fuck la bor; 07-14-2009, 01:12 AM. Reason: privacy

Comment

I will be in Paris on my honeymoon. If life were more fair, I could do both.
          Betcha wanna come home with me and check out my basement!

Comment

i'll go to paris, you can stay here.

aaron
            my brother and i bought our mom a Metallica "Metal Up Your Ass Shirt" for her birthday (or easter) when we were like 12. she literally started crying at what her sons had become, then she proceeded to cut the shirt up right in front of us. it was brilliant and sad.

thank you abbas and pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Z View Post
              shellac once refused to go on stage at fireside until someone got them heroin.
              this is true. i was there.

Comment

Originally posted by ef fuck la bor View Post
                nevermind
                No no! Tell your story!

Comment

Well if heroin was in their rider, they were well within their rights to refuse to perform. That would be awesome if a band put illegal drugs in their rider, though it would render that part of the contract unenforceable. Can't contract to break the law.

Comment

i'll go see shellac for free.

Comment

There shouldn't be anything keeping me from going to this.party time.

Comment

who is responsible for booking a show like this? is it the city of chicago? do they have it contracted out to Metro or someone? for the most part it seems like these shows cater to "our" musical interests... do they have pop bands or more main-stream bands play different days as well? how many people can pritzker host with the pavilion and lawn?

aaron
                        my brother and i bought our mom a Metallica "Metal Up Your Ass Shirt" for her birthday (or easter) when we were like 12. she literally started crying at what her sons had become, then she proceeded to cut the shirt up right in front of us. it was brilliant and sad.

thank you abbas and pat.

Comment

the cultural center is mostly responsible for these shows.
                          Originally posted by Brody Strellin
                          its time to give my Life to the Lord for his safe handlingment

http://hissnlissn.com

Comment

This was really really cool.

"There goes our spotless family friendly image" -Park Security after "A Prayer to God"
                            I collect spores, mold, and fungus.

Comment

Yeah this was awesome. Made me think "THIS is why I live in Chicago."

My favorite part was during "The End of Radio" when Albini apologized to the space aliens 10,000 years in the future for Mancow. I think that really needed to be said.
                              "Unfortunately, it appears that we were erroneous in this analysis as well," he added. "Even minor fender-benders seem to cause motorists wearing neckbelts to have their entire heads forcibly ripped from their torsos, landing in the front seat to the shocked screams of terrified onlookers."

Comment

Working...
                              X