No announcement yet.

2009.06.11 - Martyrs' - These Infamous Gifts play Marquee Moon in its entirety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009.06.11 - Martyrs' - These Infamous Gifts play Marquee Moon in its entirety

Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ Martyrs'
    3855 N. Lincoln Ave.
    Chicago, IL

Time: 9 PM
    Cost: $10

West Philadelphia Orchestra - West Philadelphia Orchestra plays music that is mostly rooted in Eastern European folk music traditions... jazz ... tinged with punk rock, soul.

These Infamous Gifts - Marquee Moon cover band with me on the bass (doing the low bass parts), Geoff Benge and Nils St. Cyr on guitar, Jordy Kozer on drums. EXCITING!

"On June 12, 2009, we will all stop absorbing the electromagnetic radiation that is the Analog Broadcast Television spectrum. To commemorate the end of Television we will be performing the classic 1977 album Marquee Moon in its entirety. The performance will be accompanied by a unique video installation."

\_O- \_O- \_O- \_O- \_O- \_O-

can't wait

Comment

holy hell this sounds raddddddd

Comment

we're opening for the crazy horn band, so i predict we'll go on around 9:30pm

old TVs will be set up behind us displaying video from the past through the present. a friend of ours is going to have the video sync up with our performance through some gadget he built (i hope!).

Comment

I've never heard the record you're playing, but i'll go because hanging out with Rios is awesome.
          I collect spores, mold, and fungus.

Comment

listen to the record you will probably like it

Comment

thanks dusty! seriouslyD is right-- it's a quality album, full of shimmery guitars.

Comment

You had mentioned possibly doing this a few weeks ago while we were hanging out in the kitchen at that other show, I'm glad to see it's actually going to take place. This record is important, although I get the feeling that a lot of people on this board would hate it/find it boring.

If I can somehow find my way back to Chicago that night, I will attend this.

Comment

Ok, I just listened to this and it was awesome. On the downside, the ringing in my ears wont stop since I removed the buds. I think I may have damaged my ear-drum. Does anyone have a home remedy for this?
                  I collect spores, mold, and fungus.

Comment

sounds sweet!

aaron
                    my brother and i bought our mom a Metallica "Metal Up Your Ass Shirt" for her birthday (or easter) when we were like 12. she literally started crying at what her sons had become, then she proceeded to cut the shirt up right in front of us. it was brilliant and sad.

thank you abbas and pat.

Comment

bumpy
                      this thursdee

Comment

cool hang outs

Comment

OMG im so pumped. and i get to get as wasted as i want BECAUSE I AINT IN COLLEGE NO MO!!!!!!

Comment

tomorrow, 9pm sharp!

Comment

Working...
                            X